James Brett knitting pattern problem

Hi all
I have been knitting a little baby set for a girl at work and have got stuck on a bootee! It’s a James Brett pattern JB008. I have lost count of the number of times this row has been unpicked and reknitted, but the numbers just don’t stack up- at this rate the baby will be a teenager by the time I finish!
There are 30 stitches on the row. Missing out the different size options it says for the next row K5, inc in next stitch, (K2 inc in next st) 6 times, K6. This should add up to 37 but it doesn’t. it only adds up to 30. In order to get 37 you would have to knit the remaining stitches on the row, which is several stitches more, meaning the shaping would be lost anyway as the two sides of the bootee foot would be different. It’s likely I’m doing something wrong, but could it be the pattern? Can anyone help please?!! Desperate! Thanks!

Welcome to the forum!
The pattern numbers are correct. The row has 30 sts and ends with 37sts. The increases are in a stitch for example, a knit front and back (kfb).

The row begins with 6 sts before the repeat and finishes with 7sts before the repeat.
The repeat begins with 3sts x6 and ends with 4sts x6.
Finally there are 6sts.
7+24+6

salmonmac Mod Squad
January 12
Welcome to the forum!
The pattern numbers are correct. The row has 30 sts and ends with 37sts. The increases are in a stitch for example, a knit front and back (kfb).

The row begins with 6 sts before the repeat and finishes with 7sts before the repeat.
The repeat begins with 3sts x6 and ends with 4sts x6.
Finally there are 6sts.
7+24+6

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Hi salmonmac

Thanks for your kind reply. My knitting is somewhat lacking!

Take care and stay safe.

Suze61