ISO simple coat/cardigan pattern

You’d think it would be easy, right? I’m looking for a simple long cardigan/coat pattern to replace the one I’ve been wearing the past 10 years that I’m tired of repairing.

Yes, I’ve searched Ravelry extensively. Everything I’ve found that comes close leads to magazines that are no longer in print so I’m still left without a pattern.

I prefer to knit this in an Aran weight yarn. I could probably easily replicate a pattern myself but I don’t have a clue how much yarn I would need to purchase. My husband wants to buy the yarn for me for a Christmas present so I’d like to be able to give him the number of skeins to purchase.

Please Help!!! Thanks!!

The featherweight cardigan is a beautiful cardigan and not an expensive pattern

Thanks, shadowfox118. I wonder how easy it would be to convert this from a lace weight yarn to an aran weight. I live in the north and use this as winter coat … lace weight won’t cut it! :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake:

I found this one!!! WOOT!

The Shawl Collared Coat

Featherweight is a short cardigan though and made in lace weight yarn. She wants a long one made in worsted/aran weight. :slight_smile:

@mullerslanefarm Wow, you’re right! Most of them are in magazines! Huh. Well here’s a few see if they might work or could be easily altered to work. ETA: I forgot to check the yarn/gauge though sorry!

I think I have this magazine.

1 Like

And in answer to your question… changing gauge that much would be difficult for the featherweight. The one you found looks good.

1 Like

@Jan_in_CA, Thank you!! I did find and buy the Swing Coat pattern but I’m going to look at the other ones you suggested!

Sweet husband said he would buy what ever yarn (or fiber so I can spin my own yarn) needed I wanted to make my new coat as a Christmas present. :inlove: He’s my biggest fiber enabler. :inlove:

He’s a champion! That’s a wonderful Christmas present for a beautiful pattern.