Is This Pattern Wrong?

Maybe I’m still too much of a newbie knitter to know the difference, but I’m getting ready to cast on this Easter Egg Basket patter http://home.alphalink.com.au/~woodsy/Baskets.htm
and in the material list it says:
[I][COLOR=red]8ply/DK(USA - Worsted Weight 4ply) courtelle yarn. A pair of No.11 (3mm)(USA2) knitting needles.[/COLOR][/I]

[COLOR=black]Size 2 needles for worsted weight yarn? I’m a little confused. Maybe something got lost in the translation or maybe I just haven’t experienced it all. I bought some Red Heart Super Saver in Pale Yellow and I had planned on using size 8 needles. If nothing else, my basket will come out a little bigger than expected, I guess.[/COLOR]

Anyway, let me know if you think this pattern is a little wonky or if it’s just me!

Thanks!

I’ve seen some British patterns refer to DK weight as US worsted. At 26 stitches per 4 inches, I suspect that the pattern was made with a DK weight yarn on size 3 needles.

You could make a bigger basket with the worsted weight, but I think I’d go with a smaller needle just to make the material stiffer, but that’s just me.

I think the small needles are used to make the basket stiff. If you use a bigger needle it will be too floppy.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I don’t know what I would do without this site! I will whip out my size 2 needles and get started!