Is this pattern wrong?

I am very new, and very confused. I am trying to knit a sweater but after I cast on the right nunber of stitches, there are not enough stitches on the needle to complete the row. For instance. I started with 50 stitches. There is a 12 stitch cable panel, with 19 stitches on each side of the markers for the panel. instructions say k2,p5,k2 to end of row, while knitting the cable panel stitches. When I get to the first marker at the panel, I can only purl 3 and then must start the panel, therefore not completing the pattern stitches. I hope someone understands what I am asking. How can I make this pattern work?

You could work k2, p5, k2, p5, k2, p3 on the right side of the panel, and then start with p3 on the other side.

So you’d have

k2, p5, k2, p5, k2, p3, k12, p3, k2, p5, k2, p5, k2

Or you could cast on more stitches. :shrug:

well, as usual, i have to draw things out to get the job done, with my strange brain :shrug:, but, yep, Ingrid’s right… I would do exactly what she says, cause that’s exactly what I drew on paper

Ingrid and Dee

I can’t thank both of you enough! I’ve been struggling with this dilemma for a week. Your quick and obvious now that I know) solution made my day and now I can continue to make my sweater ;-). Thank you both again. I am so hooked on knitting, I can’t tell you!

Anne Marie :muah: