Is This a Good Buy? I Don't Know These Yarns

A friend told me she will sell me if I want, the following:

Ondine from Pingouin in various colors
Fil D’Ecosse from Pingouin
a BIG skein of 14 ounces of Bernat cotton and a few skeins of Bernat cotton of 2 ounces
6 skeins of chenille

I am not familiar with any of these, what’s good here? And if possible, what’s a GREAT price for these??? Individually or for ALL?

Thanks!
:muah:

You don’t list any prices so I have no clue whether it’s a good deal. I don’t really know the yarns anyway, but ask yourself if you will use them before buying. It doesn’t matter how much it is if you won’t use it… it’s not a good deal. :shifty:

And I hate chenille, but the cotton could be use for dishcloths or things of that nature. If it’s soft enough maybe garments.

Thanks. I asked for pricing, and will post them if I get them, I guess first of all I wanted to know if any of these are some of those that people just “can’t live without” :teehee:

Look 'em up on Yarndex.com and see if they’re anything you want. Then decide how MUCH you want them to come up with an offer.

Couldn’t find those funny named ones on Yarndex. :think:

Both Pingouin’s are cotton. 100% both I think. It’s not a ‘new’ brand yarn I don’t think…it’s been around for a while…comes from europe??? Not sure. I would be offering…if you want cotton and like the colours…around $3.50 a ball…depending on the yardage. She may get more on say e-bay but…to a pal…I think that price fair. But I do tend to agree with Jan that unless you would really use it no price is a bargain as such. I think people crochet with Pingouin quite a lot…that’s another use thought anyway.