Is there another yarn like Velvetspun?

But is not quite as expensive?

I want to make a poncho for my friend’s dd (4 yo), but I don’t want to pay a bundle for it. I have a muff that is made of material like the velvetspun yarn (lion brand) with fuzzy trim and I want to make the poncho to match it. But Velvetspun is $6 apiece and I think I need at least 3 or 4.

TIA!

Well, there’s Velour by Bernat. I’m not sure of the price though… It may be cheaper that Velvet spun; at least, I guess the price would be comparable.

I can’t say I reccommend it though – I hated working with it. The fuzz fell off, and ripping back if you make a mistake is terrible because, well… the fuzz falls off, leaving you with “yarn” that vaguely reminded me of a poodle with a really bad haircut. And my cast on tail… it didn’t just shed… it disintigrated.

Try www.smileyyarns.com because they have lion brand yarns for 2$ and up. They have homespun for 1.99!! I can’t remember all off their yarns but they have a BUNCH!! Try that to see if you have any luck!! :??

smileyyarns.com appears to be no more. It automatically send you to a cross stiching search site.

MY APOLOGIES

www. smileysyarns.com that is smileys with an S… if that doesn’t work …google discount yarns and smileys will show up
So sorry for this misdirection :doh: :doh:

Good Luck!!