Is there a video that would help me understand the enclosed instructions?

K into front of 2nd st on left hand needle then into front of first st - called T2R -, P6, K into back of 2nd st on left hand needle then into front of first st - called T2L

Thanks in advance.

Hello - I cannot find a video, but the right and left twist are pictured in “the Knitter’s Handbook - Essential skills & helpful hints from Knitter’s Magazine.” Here is a description:
Put your right needle into the second stitch on the left needle; loop your yarn and pull the loop through - BUT DO NOT MOVE THE STITCHES FROM THE LEFT NEEDLE. Then, knit the first stitch on the left needle. Now, you can pull both new stitches from the left to the right needle. These new stitches make an “X” crossed to the right.

Then purl 6 (p 6).

For the left stitch, put your right needle in back of the first stitch on the left needle; just ignore it. Then knit into the second stitch; loop your yarn and pull the loop through - but, once again, do not move the stitches off the left needle. Bring your needle around to the front and knit that first stitch. Then, you can slide both new stitches to the right where they make an “X” crossed to the left.

Your instructions read to knit into the back of the stitch, but the book has knit into the front, so it may not matter.

I suggest that you just try it! You can always undo it.

Kudos to you for trying something new!

Thanks, I’ll give it a try. But I think I may still try to find a video or photo’s of the stitch. It just seems confusing to me :frowning:

It’s like a mini cable, look at the cables here in the Decorative Stitches - http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/advanced_techniques/

Link to what I’m trying to knit;

http://www.knitting-and.com/knitting/patterns/afghans/cables/cl10.htm

The first row of the house are the stitches in question.

So if I follow the video for the mini cable that should help me?

By the way, thank you very much for responding :slight_smile:

It should. Basically, you knit the 2nd stitch on the left needle first,leave it on the needle, then knit the 1st st. It makes the stitches twist over each other. Just try it and you’ll find it’s not hard, just a little awkward.

Thanks again suzeeq. I’ll give it a try :slight_smile: