Introduction of a Newbie

Good Afternoon All!

I’ve been admiring this site from afar for a couple months now and decided to take that first leap into actually [I]posting[/I] in these forums…as opposed to just admiring :slight_smile:

I look forward to interacting with all of you! Some of you I’ve already chatted with in the [B]wonderful[/B] knittinghelp chat room!

I’m currently on row #70 of my Simple Shrug from the Caron website (http://www.caron.com/projects/shadows/sss_shrug.html), it seems easy enough so far. I’ll post some pics when I get a little further along.

TTFN!

Welcome to KH! :waving:

Welcome, Laura!

I’m in Northern VA - not too far away!

Can’t wait to see your shrug…

:muah:

I’m VERY new here, too! I am a relatively new knitter, determined to move beyond my comfort zone of scarves. I am currently working on a baby poncho, but even that’s pretty amateur. I guess you’ve got to start somewhere though, eh? I look forward to ideas, feedback, and suggestions on this site!

Erinlynn, My first project was a toddler poncho, it turned out beautifully and I’m very proud of it. If you’re looking for a great (easy & quick) poncho pattern, you should check out the one from the Caron website (my new addiction) http://www.caron.com/projects/q/toddler_poncho.html

Thanks, Laura! That might be just the “step up” I need!! :aww:

Hi, I’m new here as well and have been knitting as long as you have. :mrgreen:

Hello Kelly! Nice to meet you! What are you currently working on?

I have done felted bags and have many of them in the upcoming works for teacher gifts.
I just finished my first sock and it even fits my husbands foot. :yay: Since he actually has two feet;) , I will try to make the another one and hopefully be successful.
I admire you for knitting a poncho. That seems daunting to me. I can’t even imagine what it would look like.:roflhard:
Be sure to show your work when done.:slight_smile:

Welcome!

Laura - I saw thisvideo for a toddler poncho, and I’m basically improvising. It’s a really simple pattern! (Still sticking to my rectangles!) We’ll see how it turns out, I guess!

Thanks Mason, by the way, your knitting blog is awesome! I’ve already got it bookmarked!

welcome to the forum

:woot: Welcome to KH!!

Welcome all! I am a relatively newcomer to this site, less than a year and I find this place and people so inspirational and I believe you will as well.

Welcome to KH. Glad to have you aboard!

Hi Mason,
I am new to this website, and not a techie, so hope I get this message stuff right.
Glad to see a guy knitting. Have you ever read the book “The Manly Art of Knitting?” My yarn shop owner has a copy. Very interesting. It talks about knitting a rope hammock with pool cues! Even has a pattern for a saddle blanket.
Judging from your cowboy hat, looks like you live out west?
I’m in Memphis, TN, but not a native. Originally from Maryland.
I will try your blogspot, however, this computer at work may block it. If so, I’ll try at home.
TTFN,
bsrob2cats

Welcome, welcome! I’m sure you’ll find everyone here friendly and helpful, I know I have! Do post pictures of your finished shrug. I’d love to see it.:slight_smile:

Welcome out of lurkdom :slight_smile:

Hi there, and welcome to KH. :blooby: