Intarsia problem...BOOHOO!

Hi everyone,

I’ve been knitting the Weekend Getaway Satchel from Interweave Knits and have run into a problem.

After doing 46 rows (which took me DAYS and HOURS as I have a 13 mo. old who doesn’t give me much knitting time), I realized that I had ended up knitting on the purling rows on the chart and purling on the knitting rows on the chart. I have no idea what I did because I started out correctly. I ripped out 13 rows to where I noticed I had done the same row twice (can you even imagine the mess of yarn I have now? UGH!). Well, that didn’t fix the problem, so I must have done something else wrong.

Can I just keep going since the pattern looks just fine–the flowers and leaves are where they are supposed to be–and I’ll be felting it and cutting it to size anyways. Can I just keep going? Please say I can!!! :frowning:

Thanks for any help.

Jodi

Of course you can! If you like it the way it is, then that’s the way you should leave it. There are no rules here–only guidelines.

[size=2]Pirates of the Caribbean quote[/size]

Thank you, Ingrid. Phew! I think I figured it out! After ripping it all out in a frenzy, I was putting the stitches back on the needle when I noticed that I had extra stitches on at the end of the row. So, I think that I started to purl and then was interrupted and came back and purled the rest of that row. So, it all worked out and I only had to rip out 13 rows and I’ve got 33 rows done out of 73. I may be able to get this done in time for Christmas after all!

Thank you!

Jodi

Ok, I know I replied to this, but have no idea where it went. LOL. Thank you, Ingrid for your reply. I think I’ve figured it out. I must have started knitting on one row, was interrupted and then came back and purled back to the beginning. So, I only had to rip out 13 rows and have 33 remaining. Phew! Thank you!

Jodi