Intarsia in Pattern?

Knitting Amanda Blair Brown’s [I]Ruffle Scarf[/I] from [U]Scarf Style[/U] using a different color for each side as suggested in the book as an alternative.
The [COLOR=Red]ruf[/COLOR][COLOR=YellowGreen]fle[/COLOR] is two sided row ptrn [COLOR=Red]11 st KNIT [COLOR=Black]a[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=YellowGreen][COLOR=Black]nd[/COLOR] 11 PURL [/COLOR]all in stockinette pattern with short rows and wraps.
??How do I switch color simultaneously swapping knit to a purl while maintaining a vertical line?
I have two whole sections of ruffle done by twisting the yarns and stitch from Knit to Purl careful not to tug but the work looks ragged in the center as if there is only a half stitch. What to doooo???

Knit to center, purl one st w/MC then CC twist continue to purl to end???

And should I add an extra middle stitch?

help knitting help Help

Since I dont’ know the pattern, is it possible to knit it like double knit (Amy has a video)?

no double knitting would not work. pls hlp
The ptrn is something like this…(just the jist-) omitted the short rows and wraps to keep Brown’s copyright
CO 22 sts
Row 1: [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Knit 11,[/COLOR] [COLOR=Green]Purl 11[/COLOR]
Row 2:[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Knit 11[/COLOR], [COLOR=Green]Purl 11[/COLOR]
Row 3: [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Knit 11[/COLOR], [COLOR=Green]Purl 11[/COLOR]
Row 4:[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Knit 11,[/COLOR] [COLOR=Green]Purl 11
[COLOR=Black]So there is split in middle with no right or wrong side. The purl side folds over creating the ruffle
Any more suggestions…???
Links to other knitters scarf but with one color

[/COLOR][/COLOR]http://ma2ut.blogspot.com/2005_03_01_archive.html
[COLOR=Green][COLOR=Black]Go to WIP of the week to see the scarf in the beginging
Thank you Susan

[/COLOR][/COLOR]http://www.monradguitars.com/tknitting/ruffles.htm

Thank you Therese!!

Is linking to another knitters blog OK?

Thanky you for posting to my question. I wish I could be of more help here. I’ve only done 1 double knitting project, and I didn’t even really finish it. It was the one on here with the video. http://knittinghelp.com/knitting/advanced_techniques/

For some reason I can’t visualize how the scarf would look being double knitted. It sounds like you’re doing the tehnique right, but like I said I’m not all that experienced with double knitting so I don’t know if adding an extra stitch would make a difference or not. The only thing I can think of is the problem lies somewhere is the twist in between knit stitches and purl stitches.

Wish I could be of more help.

It’s not double knitting. The scarf has two sides on same row not a pocket. I tried to explain the pattern above using color but I made an error in my color coding.
color way is…
Row 1: [COLOR=Blue]Knit 11,[/COLOR] [COLOR=SeaGreen]Purl 11[/COLOR]
Row2: [COLOR=SeaGreen]Knit 11,[/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue]Purl 11[/COLOR]
Row3: [COLOR=Blue]Knit 11,[/COLOR] [COLOR=SeaGreen]Purl 11[/COLOR]
Row 4: [COLOR=SeaGreen]Knit 11,[/COLOR][COLOR=Blue] Purl 11
[COLOR=Red]?? [/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=Navy][U]How do I switch color simultaneously swapping knit to a purl while maintaining a vertical line [/U][/COLOR][COLOR=Blue][COLOR=Black][COLOR=Navy][U]with intarsia[/U][/COLOR][COLOR=Red]??
[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=Black]so that it looks like this I left out the short rows [/COLOR][/COLOR][SIZE=2][COLOR=Blue][COLOR=Black][B][COLOR=Blue]RUF[/COLOR][COLOR=Lime]FLE[/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[CENTER][SIZE=7][COLOR=Blue][COLOR=Black][B][/B][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=Blue][COLOR=Black][B][COLOR=Blue]RUF[/COLOR][COLOR=Lime]FLE[/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]
[COLOR=Blue][COLOR=Black][B] [SIZE=5][COLOR=Blue]Ruf[/COLOR][COLOR=Lime]fle[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=Blue][COLOR=Black][B][SIZE=5][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]
[SIZE=7][COLOR=Blue][COLOR=Black][B][COLOR=Blue]RUF[/COLOR][COLOR=Lime]FLE[/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR=Blue][COLOR=Black][B][COLOR=Blue]RUF[/COLOR][COLOR=Lime]FLE[/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]
[COLOR=Blue][COLOR=Black][B] [SIZE=5][COLOR=Blue]Ruf[/COLOR][COLOR=Lime]fle[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]
[SIZE=7][COLOR=Blue][COLOR=Black][B][COLOR=Blue]RUF[/COLOR][COLOR=Lime]FLE[/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR=Blue][COLOR=Black][B][COLOR=Blue]RUF[/COLOR][COLOR=Lime]FLE[/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]
[COLOR=Blue][COLOR=Black][B] [SIZE=5][COLOR=Blue]Ruf[/COLOR][COLOR=Lime]fle[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]
[SIZE=7][COLOR=Blue][COLOR=Black][B] [COLOR=Blue]Ruf[/COLOR][COLOR=Lime]fle[/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[/CENTER]
[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=7][/SIZE]
[/COLOR]

I may be simplifying this too much, but I picture that you’d be knitting along in the blue and get to where you have to switch.

Hold the blue over to the left and bring the green up from under it and to the front and then start to purl. No?

I think if you just drop one color and pick up the other you will get it. Keep the yarn for the purls in fron and the knits in back at all times.

Ingrid thats what i’ve been doing even checked with Amy’s video’s on intarsia
the problem lies in something else …
I think it’s swapping the yarns and going from the knit to a purl at the same point but if I don’t where else too do it and have each half a different color.

I’ll wait for more suggestion before frogs croak.

You might try knitting a stitch with the new color before purling and see if that makes a difference.:shrug:

Thanks I was thinking something like that. I’ll lat you know how it goes.
G