Instructions clarification

HELLO, roostacat again. Knitting fingerless gloves, CO12 STS., KNIT 70 ROWS, PROVISIONALLY PLACE 12 STITCHES ON A DPN. Grafte Live stitches or ( 3 needle bindoff) . Pick up an knit 36 stches… I will be picking up from one of tge sudes cirrect, Then oattern say divide …Pattern is: Campfire fibgerlesd mitts by Tante Ehm. I really want to do this right, THE FIRST TIME. XMAS IS NEAR, IM RUNNING OUT OF TIME

Camp Out mitts:

Is your question about the dividing the stitches on dpns to knit in the round?

Yes I have them on DPN, , dont get tge next about LIVE stitches ( or 3 bind off. Am I binding. Off three 3 of the 12 on DpnThen puck ip stitches with other needle, cicular one in riund???

Yes I have them on DPN, , dont get tge next about LIVE stitches ( or 3 bind off. Am I binding. Off three 3 of the 12 on DpnThen puck ip stitches with other needle, cicular one in riund???

So you’ve knit the 70 rows and now you’re up to this point?
Undo provisional CO and place the 10 / 12 / 15 live sts onto dpn. Graft live sts (or 3-needle bind off).

Did you do a provisional cast on?

You probably could’ve cut the other cast on off and picked up the stitches. You have to pick it apart but probably no worse than ripping out and reknitting 70 rows.

These mitts are certainly giving you experience! Well, a provisional cast on is a good thing to be able to work.
I agree with Mike, you could pick up sts from the cast on. It’d give you a slight seam but not too bad.
Only rip out as a last resort. We’ve all figured out ways around that if at all possible

1 Like