increasing rows for a sweater

Hey everyone !

So I started a sweater but the instructions are so basic that I have no clue if I’m doing it right. FYI I know nothing about knitting, but since it was a knit only one piece sweater I thought I could pull it off.

So here’s the deal. The pattern says, nicrease 12 every 2 rows. But if I do that, my sleeve looks like stairs (or to be precise, the increases are very appparent) I know there’s smoething I’m missing and I know the answer is probably somewhere on this website. I just can’t find it !

Thank you !

This is very adventurous of you and it looks very good.
It looks to me like the increases are every 4 rows (2 ridges) instead of every 2 rows? Is that possible? This is garter stitch where 2 rows give you one ridge in your knitting.
The increases are going to be somewhat stepped but that will be hidden by the sleeve seam.

Welcome to KH! That’s a pretty adventurous pattern for a new knitter! :wink: Can you tell us the name of the pattern and provide a link if possible? Don’t post the pattern because it’s against copyright rules.

Hi ! Its written in french on this website : https://larbregris.wordpress.com/2015/12/27/un-pull-facile-en-une-partie-diy-tricot/

I’m halfway through!! But I skipped all the design because I was always getting mixed up. After starting over 277 stitches eight or nine times, I gave up ! :wink: Sometimes simple is better.

I will soon know ! Thank you ! I decided to have faith… and learn from my mistakes. So I’ll keep you posted once Im done :wink:

Thanks again

1 Like

That’s pretty and looks super comfortable!