Increasing at each end of

Hi everyone

I’m trying to make a Grace Kelly Sweater. Now I’m making sleeves and the pattern says: "Inc 1 st each end of following 8th rows until there are (59-61) sts."
So… each end of??? What does it exactly mean? Like, I have to increase both end of a knitting needle? It means I have to increase two stitches? And every 8th row… Or am I supposed to increase only in one end of a knitting needle? At the moment I have 45 stitches on needle and I have to increase until 59 stitches. It means 14 stitches and if I’m supposed to increase only one st after every 8 row then it would be very looooong sleeve… Something’s wrong… Maybe someone can help and did understand what I meant because English isn’t my native language. :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance

Welcome to KnittingHelp!
You need to increase at the beginning of the row [I]and[/I] at the end of the row. So yes, you’ll increase 2sts per increase row. That would mean increases on rows 1, 9, 17, 25, 33, 41, and 49.
You’re English is fantastic. That little word “each” raises many questions for all of us.

Thank you so much, salmonmac!! Now I can continue with my work! :slight_smile: