I am looking to increase in the front and back of the stitch to
form a ’ V ’ . But the pattern is like a rib stitch. How can I do that without losing the pattern. It would start with about six
stitches then increase in the middle. Help is appreciated.


When you knit in the front and back of a stitch, it forms a little bar that looks like a purl, or you could knit in the front and purl in the back. That’s its other name - bar increase. Do you have a pattern or are you making up your own? It may be easier to keep in a rib pattern if you did the increase at both edges.