Increase row question. Please help!

Hello everyone…

I’m making the Valpuri sweater from Berroco. I’m now at my first increase row and completely stuck.

Here’s what I have done already:

K13, place marker, work row 1 of chart over 62 sts, place marker, K to end.

P to 1st marker, work row 2 of chart to next marker, P to end. Work even in pat as established until piece measures 4" from beg, end on WS.

Okay… I finished the 4" now I’m to the inc. row which says:

(RS) K1, M1K, work to last st, M1K, K1 (90sts). Rep this inc every 3" 3 times more (96 sts). Work even until piece measures 14" from beg, end on WS.

Question: Do I still start the chart pattern at the marker that I have placed 13 sts in? Or do I K1, M1K from the very first sts. and then work the chart? It seems like to me the pattern wouldn’t be even with what I’ve already down below it if I did that. :??

Question 2: When it says K1, M1K, work to last st, M1K, K1… does that mean that I work the chart pattern to the next to last stitch so I’m able to M1K and K the last stitch? :think:

So far this has been coming along really nicely. I would like to be able to continue working it. But I’m at a stand still with these questions. :wall:Thanks so much for any help you can give me. I really appreciate your time.

cheers!
Michelle

Michelle,

It appears that you do the increase at the beginning of the row, then work normally to the marker, work the chart, then continue to the last stitch, make one, and knit the last stitch. You need to keep the chart pattern where it is between your markers or it will be all skewed and not straight.

Hope this helps.

Yeah, all the increases are done on the ends of the rows, so you never really mess with the pattern that’s in the middle of the markers. The pattern is always going to stay in the middle of the markers, so any shaping shouldn’t affect that. It’s going to stay in line with all the pattern on the previous rows. :thumbsup:

Thanks so much you guys!!! That makes so much more sense when explained in English. hahaha…

Now I can get working tonight.

Thanks!!
Michelle