Increase in pattern

I am making the sleeves and pattern calls for increases every 6th row. How do I increase sets into pattern. Totally confused/frustrated as I have everything else done but sleeves. Thanks fir help.

Welcome!
Keep the first and the last two sts in stockinette. When you increase, you can make that increase as a knit stitch and then on the next row work it as either a knit or purl depending on where you are in the pattern repeat.
When you’ve made 4 increases at each end, you’ll have a full pattern repeat.

Thank you for quick response.

So do I do first 2 stitches st st then start row as written P2K1 etc or are the P2 at beginning/end of each row the st st?

Also is row 6 P3 an error or should it be P3?

Appreciate your help. New to your site.

Thank you for quick response.

So do I do first 2 stitches st st then start row as written P2K1 etc or are the P2 at beginning/end of each row the st st?

Also is row 6 P3 an error or should it be P3?

Appreciate your help. New to your site.

Trish

The purl sts at the beginning and end of the even rows are part of the stockinette stitch. These are knits on the odd rows form the complete stockinette.
There are 2 increases on row 5 that account for the extra sts at the beginning and end of the row 6 and 8. From then on you’ll have to account for those extra sts.

Thank you. I think I understand. Will give it a try.

Have a good day.

Trish

Hi there

When starting the sleeve shaping do I continue to do the first 2 stitches in st st as above or do I decrease right away?

Thank you for your assistance.

You don’t have to maintain that stockinette stitch edge here. You can decrease and start to work those decreases into the pattern stitch. Just be sure to keep the pattern aligned in the main body of the sleeve. To do this, you main need to sacrifice a repeat at each end and those sts can be worked in stockinette.

Thank you appreciate your assistance.