Inc 2

The instructions for the row are to P3tog, inc 2; rep from, end p3tog.

How do I inc 2? No other directions are given for the increases.

What would YOU do to inc 2? For inc 1, I normally knit in the front and back of a stitch, or sometimes M1 (where indicated). I need help interpreting this. Thanks.

How many sts are you starting with and is that the entire row? Usually you’d do a M1 or YO on either side of the double decrease, but… ?

You could k,p,k into the stitch, or k,yo,k into it.

Thanks!
I looked more on the web last night and found “work in front, back, and front again of next stitch” for inc2 in another pattern. I’m not sure which method would be best to use, or if it matters.

The instructions I gave are for the 15 stitches in the middle of the 2nd (WS) row of the Mini Sweater on Susan Rainey’s square of the Great American Aran Afghan.

The entire row (43 sts) consists of:

1. Pat A: K1, p1, k1, p1, k1 (5 sts)
  2. Pat B: K1, p7, k1 (9 sts)
  3. Pat C: P3tog, inc 2; rep from, end p3tog (15 sts)
  4. Pat B: K1, p7, k1 (9 sts)
  5. Pat A: K1, p1, k1, p1, k1 (5 sts)

I never thought of a double inc like Ingrid mentioned. That might be the best - k,p,k into one st. Is there enough detail in a picture to get an idea what it should look like?

I tried p1, p1 tbl, p1 in the same stitch (since it’s the wrong side of the work and seems to follow the p3tog), and it does look like the picture so far, but I’ve only done one row of it. I’ll have to knit more rows and look at it again. Maybe I’ll try k, p, k in the next iteration to see what that looks like.

It would also be nice to also hear what other people who have completed Susan Rainey’s square for the GAAA have done.

It sure helps to have people like you to bounce things off of!

You were right, Ingrid, about the k, p, k, but I didn’t get it until I found this page: www.tiny.cc/B2BdT
It’s part of the Blackberry (a.k.a. Trinity) stitch. :thumbsup::waving: