I'm afraid to board my babies :(

OMG! YES!! That’s exactly it! :cheering: Wonderfully described, I would never have been able to write that out, it’s so much easier to immitate than describe. :teehee: It was so funny, at her allergists appt. the doctor started making the noise!! She’s like, my dogs do it too! She says they are too stupid to realize if they just stop doing that and relax, the flappy thing that’s stuck would get unstuck and they’d stop making the noise. She’s a funny doctor.

I just called her and she said that it’s not a dangerous thing, thank god.

Ugh, I still don’t know what to do. I guess we’ll have to talk some more about it tonight. Thank you to everyone for their support and not making me feel like a whacko!

:muah: :muah: :muah:

Bailsmom,

I feel for you and know what you are going through. I also hate to board my cat, not because of health problems, but because of his intense hatred of all other people and just a high-maintenance personality in general. I always worry that he’ll be hard to take care of.

Here’s what I repeat over and over to myself before I have to board him, and maybe it will help you, too.

1. He’s in the best place if he gets sick. (And in your case, your babies already need medication) The situation would be unthinkable if I had a friend come in to feed him and he needed to go to the vet. He will be surrounded by professionals who take care of animals day in and day out and know what they are doing.

2. He is a cat, no matter how much I prefer to think otherwise. After I leave, he will settle down and probably sleep most of the time.

3. It’s only temporary.

Write down each cat’s medical needs, possible issues relating to each cat, just ANYTHING you can think of. Insist that they read it and are aware of everything. Find out who will be taking care of them and make sure they are completely aware of any issues. Take their own food, enough for the duration. Also take their favorite toys and a towel from home. Give them your phone number and a local friend or family’s number. Call them regularly to settle your mind.

And I’ll be honest with you. Once I’m on the road, I do relax and have a good time. As Debinoz said, a break is good for us sometimes.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Bless you my dear. It is so hard for me to think of them as just “animals”. And I know we’re supposed to treat them that way for [I][B][U]their[/U][/B] [/I]well-being, but it is just so hard for me to think that way. To me they are just defenseless little creatures that need me to protect them from all bad things.

And I know that makes me a good “mom”, but it would be soooooo much easier to do if they didn’t have these darn health issues, which, thankfully, aren’t life-threatening.

I’m still not 100% on board, but I’m getting there, I’d hate to do this to my DH, he deserves a vacation so much. :think: Maybe I could just send him and then I’ll stay home with the kids!! :wink:

Do it!! I just booked a trip to Savannah, Georgia for five days without even thinking twice about my cat!

[SIZE=1]Yeah, right. I woke up in the middle of the night thinking about it and couldn’t get back to sleep. I booked two months out so I’ll be a worried goon for two months now. :roflhard: Good thing I never had kids. [/SIZE]