I'm a senior member!

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkslateblue]I’m so proud of myself! I only just noticed. When did that happen?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkslateblue]I’ve always wanted to be more than just a newbie or a member on one of those forum.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkslateblue]But, hey! What does it mean now I’m “senior”?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkslateblue]Thanks Amy and team. :muah:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkslateblue]Tamar[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Hi Tamar! Ma nishma? Senior means you’ve posted more than 100 posts. Where have you been? I guess your weather is a bit more moist than ours, isn’t it :lol:?

Kol ha kavod.:hug:

Jeremy, lo yadati she ata du-lashoni :cheering: harbe kavod!

Todah rabah. Ani ohev l’halech l’ ha aretz. Ani haya sham b’2005 b’ choref.

That’s a long time ago… Tavo shuv levaker. We’ll have a knitting group over here. Knitters here are hopeless. I asked a question on a knitting forum (and they mostly knit kipot) about a good yarn shop and they gave me the name of the most expensive shop in Jerusalem where the top yarn is acrylic for 7$ a ball. I’m desperate :wall::wall::wall:
Must have knitting group…:zombie:

As one who is learning Hebrew, I just wanted to say how cool it was to see y’all’s posts! Not that I know everything you’re saying! Just wanted to say Ni how…no wait, that’s Chinese :roflhard:

JK! Shalom y’all!:muah:
Lu

Shalom! Well, if you need any help - we’re here, you can PM if you have a question. How did you come up with Hebrew as a language you want to learn?
I’m off to bed. Layla tov!

Well, it’s a Biblical language…I thought I would like to learn another language and for years had been trying to decide which. Finally I decided I’d love to read the Scriptures in the original - perhaps Greek will be next for me ;)! I’m learning to read & write Hebrew as well.

I find it is a fascinating and relatively easy language for me to learn. NOT that it’s eaaaaaaasy at all!

I speak Spanish, Portuguese and some French - the latter 2 are both very guttural, and in that, I guess I have an easier time than most with the guttural nature of Hebrew.

I find it is a beautiful language and DH and I dream of visiting Israel someday!!! How fortunate you are to live there!

Well, there’s Biblical Hebrew abd there’s the everyday one, so it’s slightly different. I studied Latin for 3 years and enjoyed it a lot, we read poetry and lots of different things. Greek is the worst. I knew people who studied it and they were in much worse condition than us, Latinists :shock:.

Thanks. I realize that, but one has to start somewhere :wink: I just want to be able to get around Israel without getting in TOO much trouble! LOL! Besides, I haven’t found “Biblical Hebrew” classes.

I’m half kidding about Greek, I’m not sure I will be able to handle all those languages in one mixed up head. LOL!:rollseyes:

Shalom y’all!:muah:

If you ever get here - let me know, i’ll take you for a ride around Jerusalem!

:cheering: Todah!!! :teehee:

And I can take you round Netanya! Can I come back with you to the States? Never been to TX but heared plenty of good things and… I loooooooooove horses, yes, more than knitting. Sorry.

Not had time for much lately and I probably won’t get a chance to pick up my needles again for another month or so. Had a bit of time to sit on the computer which is a start. I also need to update my avatar. My daughter is now 2 years old.

Keep knitting.

Tamar

:muah:Thanks too! Absolutely, you’re welcome to stow away in my luggage :D…I don’t have horses, but if you like dogs, I have 4! You can see them on my Flickr Album. I hope you like humidity, because Houston is downright unbearable most of the time from June to Sept. I met a Korean lady who lived in Saudi Arabia (and have heard from others who lived in Africa) that it is WORSE here than there!

You’re both very kind!
:hug:

Can you beat 75% humidity? That’s expected here tomorrow. Netanya is by the coast, you see. During the day there is usually a bit of a breeze but at night the air stands and the humidity rises. Washing on the line gets damp when the sun starts to set.

I couldn’t find any actual data on Houston humidity online, but take it from me, it’s like walking into a wet sauna [I][U][B]every time[/B][/U][/I] you go outside, be it 7 a.m. or 9 p.m.!!!

To quote an article I found in USAToday:

But, even though Key West is slightly more humid, on the average in the summer than Houston, you are more likely to feel the humidity more in downtown Houston as you rush from one air-conditioned building to another than if you were sitting outdoors in the breeze next to the water, shaded from the sun, sipping a drink in Key West.
That BREEEEEEEZE is the difference! There IS none in the plateau-like area of Houston. As you head towards Austin which is hilly, you start to cool off. If you head towards Galveston which has the ocean breeze you likewise cool off.

I’ve been here since 1985 and I’ve lived in S. & Central America (withOUT the luxury of air conditioning) and was fine…I’m STILL complaining about the weather here…but trying not to!
:whistle:

DH reminded me we have a reader in our bathroom that tells humidity. This morning (8 a.m.) it’s 88%!!!

Ha! Beat that!
:teehee:

I turned off the AC before I went to bed (trying to keep the power bill down) and I was sweating while putting on my makeup this morning. The ceiling fan was on “High”, too.

I keep my A/C on at 79 during the day and 76 at night, AND ceiling fans on at all times. It’s fairly comfortable to me. But as soon as I walk outside my makeup melts. LOL!

I’ve decided just not to try to stay dry and cool in Houston weather. When I go out, it’s hair up, spaghetti straps, and no makeup! At least I’m not constantly trying to stay dry. I’ve given up!