If You Could ONLY Knit With One Yarn........Which Yarn Would it Be?

If I could only eat ONE type of food for the rest of my life, it would be Italian ;)…so I wondered…if you could only knit with one type of yarn for the rest of your life, which would it be???

You can be as general or specific as you like…something like “chenille” or “malabrigo” or “merino” or “novelty yarn”, or “KnitPics Essential Sock Yarn”, “Red Heart”:teehee:, etc.

I can’t really vote since I have YET to have the pleasure of touching some malabrigo, merino, etc. Chenille was nice, it’s so soft.

That’s a hard question to answer. Being general, I would say “wool” since I love all things wool. But since I have yet to find the [I]perfect[/I] wool yarn, if I had to be specific, I’d say Lion Brand Homespun. (Even though it’s not wool, lol) It’s just so soft and thick…I can’t stop touching it.

Hand dyed Cashmere. Lots of it. Enough to roll nekked in.

:inlove:

Malabrigo. no question. :roflhard:

So…what exactly IS Malabrigo??? I just realized I don’t know. I can figure Merino is wool…:teehee:

I love cottons and cotton blends! Haven’t tried silk yet, so it may become a favorite.

:waving:…well are you QUITE CONTRARY?!? :roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:
[inside joke]
:hug:

Silk. Lots and lots of beautiful, radiant silk.

ANY yarn by Schaefer:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Bamboo sock yarn. It feels so good in my hands and knits up so scrunchiously!!

Why yes!! You know I am!!! :mrgreen:

Wow, Right now I would say Plymouth Suri Merino. I am going a cardigan in it right now, its soft and wonderful. Its only $5.00 a skein , so thats great…Sissy:teehee:

Well, if I could choose ANY yarn and magically be able to shoulder the cost, it would definitely be cashmere. There are some really nice specimens at my LYS and I’m about to finally treat myself to something I knit (for once) and make a nice hat.

Realistically, Merino Style from Knitpicks. You can’t beat the quality or color selection for the price and I have had great success combining strands for a bulkier feel.

So this is like I’m boarding a spaceship to escape the earth which all the stupid men have brought to ruin and I only have a few minutes to choose ONLY ONE KIND yarn from my stash before the bus for the launch pad drives off?

…I’m just going to have to grab all of my Noro Cash Iroha…silk, lamb’s wool, cashmere, and a teensy bit of nylon…it’s soft, but springy, drapes beautifully and practically knits itself.

Socks that Rock, hands down. Malabrigo brings up a near second.

I’ve not tried it yet but I’ve heard good things about Bamboo so I’ll say that…ANY bamboo yarn! (that should give me lots of choice :teehee: ) Out of the yarns I’ve tried…which is not a lot at all :oops: …the cotton has been my favourite.

Merino Wool! :thumbsup:

I’ve been meaning to ask…stupid question I guess, but what IS bamboo yarn? Is it actually made from bamboo? :shock:
:whoosh:

:mrgreen:

I’ve just recently moved to a place where there are more ‘artsy’ yarn stores.

So of my past experience I’d say Paton’s Astra. It has a large range of colours and selections, perfect for my children to wear and wash, and I can knit it up in so many different ways.

But I just tried some good cotton yarn… and I’d say I really like this stuff but I have yet to see how it washes up, or how it wears as I used it for Baby gifts. The stuff I’m loving right now is:

Filati Fantasia Carrezza 100% cotton.

I really lucked out because I caught the end of summer sale and each of the baby sweaters cost me $2 in yarn, and what a great yarn it is! :yay::yay::yay: