If I didn't drop a stitch, then what?

I was knitting in the back seat of a car, hit a bump, and thought I dropped a stitch. The problem is…I’m supposed to have eight stitches between the market and the end of my row. I do have eight! So, why does it look so wrong? What did I do to it grog to fix it? This is in a rib section. I appreciate any help you can give me. This is going to be a dress for my baby girl, who is due Feb 14th, and I’m stuck with a LONG way to go!

Not sure, but it looks like you have 2 knit stitches together right there, and the rest looks like K1, P1 ribbing. Are my eyes playing tricks on me?

Welcome to KnittingHelp!
Yes, that’s what it looks like to me too. If you turn the knit piece over to the other side, there is likely to be a dropped stitch (a purl stitch on this side, but a knit stitch on the other side). You can use your needles or a crochet hook to ladder the stitch back up to the working needle.

Over to the right, near the marker, there may also be an extra stitch. Take a careful look there from both sides. If it is an extra, it looks like it might have occurred recently and you can fix by dropping the extra stitch off the needle. The extra yarn will work itself into the adjoining stitches if you give the knit piece a stretch or two.

I have looked at it and think I can see the extra stitch! I haven’t had time to sit and carrefUlla work on it, but I think you guys solved my problem. Thank you!!!