I would like to use markers

I am knitting a Feather and Fan baby blanket with a multiple of 18. I would like to place markers so I can keep track of where I am and to head off mistakes. The pattern row is as follows:

*K2tog 3 times, (YO, K1) 6 times, (K2tog) 3 times, repeat from * ending with K2tog 3 times.

Could someone be so kind as to tell me where the markers should go. Thanks for your help.

the “K2tog 3 times, (YO, K1) 6 times, (K2tog) 3 times” is your 18-stitch pattern.

the k2tog’s decrease 2 stitches into 1, so you go from 6 stitches to 3, but then you add those missing stitches back in by doing 3 of the yarnovers. the next 3 yarnovers prepare you for the last 3 k2togs, so you even out with 18 stitches in that set again.

if you haven’t started this pattern round yet, just count every 18 stitches, and place a marker. that will set you up nicely.

forgot to add… if you have any border stitches (the left and right sides), make sure you start your 18-stitch count AFTER those. so if you have 5 stitches for border, count 5, place a marker, THEN start the 18-stitch pattern counting.

Thank you very much.:slight_smile: