I Won a Knitting Book on EBAY!

It’s called [color=blue]Knit A Square, Make A Toy[/color]

Anyone ever hear of it??

Apparently it’s out of print. I’ve been looking for it for a while and couldn’t find a copy anywhere. Then this morning I checked Amazon and there were several copies starting at $45 and up to $75 (for a used copy! :passedout: )

I thought I’d give Ebay another try and there was a copy up for auction that ended this evening – Yippee! :cheering:

I got it for $31 which is still a lot of money but way better than the alternative.

Yay for me – I can’t wait til it comes! :happydance: :happydance:

Ok, just had to share,

Susan

Cool! I’ve never heard of it so you’ll have to let us know if it’s any good–it must be at that price!

:cheering: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :cheering: :cheering:
YaY~!!

Susan, what a find!!! I looked at this book on Amazon and all I kept thinking was, “This book is right up my alley!”. Even I could probably make some of these toys if it just involves knitting squares! :oops: :teehee: Great find, and please let us know how you like the book. I wish I would be able to figure out how they knitted the doll…my daughter loves dolls, and I’ve been wanting to knit her a really simple one.

:inlove: Wow, it looks like an awsome book! I wonder what you can make from a square piece of fabric? :thinking:
You surely are gonna have a lot of fun with that book! :teehee:

Hi all,

It’s 4 am here and my son has a yucky tummy :zombie: – I just spent the last few minutes cleaning up his floor.

Anyway, I can’t get back to sleep just yet.

The book looks so cool. One of the reasons I was drawn to it is that my kids are in a Waldorf school. In the preschool there are tons of little knitted animal toys made by Moms for the classroom. Many of them are simply knitted rectangles and squares sewn together. I have made kitties before and my daughter, who learned to knit in the first grade made a bunny out of a square. Come to think of it, my son, who is now in 6th grade, made a lamb for his first grade project out of a square of yarn he knitted.

This book will be just up our alley!

Well, I guess I can try bed again – here’s hoping there aren’t any more big messes to clean up before dawn! :sleepy:

Best,
Susan

Try this link:
[color=blue]Weir Dolls[/color]

I made a doll from a pattern I got from them long ago when I first picked up knitting in my adult life and it was very easy. I used the knitted boy/girl pattern – I still have the pattern somewhere, all wrinkled from lots of use!

Best,
Susan

Thanks for the link, Susan! And guess what? Of all things, your book is at my local library, so I’m going to be doing some snooping there! :twisted:

And I think our kids must’ve been secretly playing together, because at 1:00 a.m., I was cleaning the floor from my daughter, too! :ick: Thankfully, I was already awake, knitting away by the stingy light of my little desk lamp, so it wasn’t as bad as having to be woken out of a dead sleep with that surprise. I thought this stinking flu bug had left our home finally! :wall: :doh: :gah: (then my baby’s diaper leaked over the course of the night so I had that to clean too…nothing like making you feel like a “real” mom than cleaning up after the kids, huh? :rofl: )

Hope your son is feeling better. :heart: And hope you can get some rest after being up, too!