I wanna change colors

hello everyone, I’m new at this and at knitting, I would like to male a two colored scarf, since that’s all I know how to make is a scarf, but I don’t know how to change the colors. could anyone please help? :pout:

What kind of color change do you want to do? Horizontal stripes? Vertical stripes? Polka dot? :teehee: The type of color change you want to do determines the method used.

just tring to do a plain ol’ scarf hat’s for beginners, I was knitting with one color and it ran out, so now I’m using another one
:verysad:

[color=indigo]There is some information about joining a new color here: http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/basic_techniques/misc.php What I generally do, is where I want the color change to happen, I insert my needle into that st, loop the new color around the needle and knit as usual. Continue knitting with the new color. After a few sts, go back and gently tug on the two tails, (old color and new color), tie a loose knot and continue with my project. After a few rows, untie the knot, and weave the loose ends in.[/color]