I really messed up my shawl

I’m working a loose-knit wrap/shawl. Every other row on my maintain pattern is worked as such:

k2, yo, s1, k2tog, psso, k to the last 2 sts, yo, k2

I was going like gangbusters, but somehow got turned around last night and worked probably a good 8-9 rows backwards. :?? So I ripped out a ton and now I’ve lost 3 stitches. :wall:

How on earth can I figure out how to repair work with yo & slipped stitches? Please help??

Is the other row all purl? If so, you can get yourself on a row that was just purled, and then look at the stitches to figure out where you are.

When you say that every other row is a pattern row I am assuming that means that the other row is all knit or all purl? It is easier to get the stitches back on the needle on an all knit or all purl row than the pattern row.

When you frog the sl1, k2tog, psso stitch hold it between your thumb and forefinger tightly below the loop. Then gently pull the yarn out of the loop. You should be left with 3 stitches between your thumb and forefinger. You can then place them on the needle.

Here - it’s the New England Stole

I’m on the maintain pattern right now…

(And what’s “frog”?) :oops:

Frog is just a way to say 'rip-it, rip-it" :teehee:

I would take out rows until I got to row 3, where it is knit across. You can rip out until the row before that, and then gently pull out your stitches one at a time and slip them on the needle. If you get the stitches on from the knit row, then you can start with the next row, knowing that you didn’t have to account for any yo’s or decreases.

Ahhh! I should become very familiar with the term now…

Thanks so much for your help!