I need some help with shoulder shaping on a sweater

The instructions read: Bind off 8 sts at beg of the next 2 rows, then 9 stitches at beginning of next 2 row.

The sweater is stockinettes stitch and there are 17 stitches on each side of the neck. Do I bind off 8, k 9, bind 8 other side, k 9, turn, purl all stitches on both sides, turn then bind off 9, then 9 the other side? That is only 3 rows.
I am confused by the beg of next two rows statement I think. Thanks for hte help!

The instructions read: Bind off 8 sts at beg of the next 2 rows, then 9 stitches at beginning of next 2 row.

Bind off 8 at the beginning of the row and finish the row, then bind off 8 at the beginning of the next row and finish the second row.

Then bind off 9 at the beginning of the next row–this will be the second row on that side because you just finished the row before it. Then bind off 9 at the beginning of the next row.

Thanks, Ingrid! I just realized how stupid I was! I guess you have to have someone else just type it out to see it! DUH!

Not stupid!!! :fingerwag: Very often just asking a question explains it. :shrug: