I need help

My son gave me a gift card to amazon. There is a couple of knitting books I want to order but have more $$ to spend. What are favorite and good books pertaining to knitting out there? If you had no limit what books would you buy?

Oh boy… the knitting books I have on my wishlist are;

Elizabeth Zimmermann’s Knitting Workshop
Knitting Around by Elizabeth Zimmermann
Stephanie Pearl-McPhee Casts Off
Sweater Workshop by Jacqueline Fee
The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs
The Knitting Circle: A Novel by Ann Hood

i really love the vogue stitchionary books (not only do they show you stitch patterns, but the layout is so simple and beautiful).
i havn’t learned how to do colorwork yet so 3 is a bit out of my league, but 1 and 2 are awesome!

I love my Knitter’s Bible and have already used one of their stitch patterns in the back of the book. It is a great all around book for information and such.

bump :happydance:

I just got (and love!)

Knitting Nature by Nora Gaughan &
Cables Untangled by Melissa Leapman

They were my favorite Christmas pressies ever!

I have Cables Untangled too and it’s awesome! :cheering:

I want:
Knitting on the Edge
Knitting Over the Edge
Knitting Nature

Sitchionary books by Vogue!
Sensational Knitted Socks
Any Elizabeth Zimmermann books (I have some of them so far)
The knitter’s handy book of patterns is great. I own it and refer to it.

These are all in order of how much I’d want them most to least.

I like the Vogue Stitchionaries, too, and I just ordered the Knitter’s Workshop by Elizabeth Zimmerman…I have Knitting Without Tears and Knitters Almanac by her, I can’t wait til I can afford to get Knitting Around by her!! I’d really love to have the PBS video that goes with the Knitter’s Workshop.

Most people really LOVE Vogue Knitting too. I haven’t been able to get it yet, and there are 4 Barbara Walker “treasuries” of stitches" books–I have the second and it’s really good. I have about 30 knitting books–and I don’t want to part with any of them, truthfully!! I guess Vogue Knitting or the Knitter’s Bible by Claire Compton would be 2 overall good ones if you can only get one!!