I need help!

I’m having trouble with the lacy cable section of my current project. It is supposed to be worked across 24 stitches in the middle of the piece with 46 knit stitches on either side. When I try, I don’t come out with enough stitches on the second side. here’s the pattern - I think my problem is with the K3Tog (SSSK) and the YO - I don’t think I’m doing the stitches correctly.

PP KKKKK K3Tog YO K YO PP YO K YO SSSK KKKKK PP

The pattern evolves over 14 rows with the K3Tog and YO moving outward.

When I get to the end of the 1st section I am 1 stitch short on the “left” side. But when I count the number of stitches in the panel section I have 1 too many stitches. I’m hopelessly confused!

Thank you!!

The pattern looks okay, but you say the k3tog moves? If it moves, then the number of stitches on either side is going to change, right?

PP KKKKK K3Tog YO K YO PP YO K YO SSSK KKKKK PP

I cound that you should have 24 stitches when this is done.

When you do a yo before a knit, bring the yarn to the front, knit the next stitch. That will create the first YO before the K.

To YO before the purls, you need to bring the yarn forward as if to purl, but bring the yarn back up over the needle and to the front again to create that yo. Maybe that’s where you went wrong?

:cheering: I think I figured out my mistake…trying it repeatedly so I could describe it made my error recognizable - I was knitting a stitch after the YO as a part of the YO stitch (I don’t know if that is understandable…).

Thanks

Lots of people do that, it’s an easy mistake to make… for some reason. Glad you have it all sorted.