I need help

I am trying to make a baby blanket that is now used as a 5 year old blanket bigger to fit her bigger bed. I lost the original pattern and can’t figure out what it is.**_

_**

Welcome!
It looks like knit stitch with 3 rows of regularly spaced slipped sts with yarn in front. Can you show us a photo of the other side of the blanket?

salmonmac Mod Squad
August 29
Welcome!
It looks like knit stitch with 3 rows of regularly spaced slipped sts with yarn in front. Can you show us a photo of the other side of the blanket?

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

I’m not an advanced knitter so need to be more specific. Here’s the other sideimage1.jpeg

This side is more typical of the right side of these blankets.
You would purl across x number of sts, with yarn in back slip a stitch from left needle to right without working it and then repeat the sequence across the row. Knit across the wrong side row slipping the same stitch with yarn in front. Repeat these 2 rows once more. Work some rows without slipping a stitch and then repeat the slipped stitch rows staggering the slipped sts.
Try working this out on a small sample with scrap yarn until you get the pattern you like. Here is a similar example from Ravelry to give you more details. Of course, it’s worked in different colors on the knit side but the slip stitch pattern is there.

Thank you so much. It looks like there are 4 stitches in between the patterns don’t you think?

It’s likely to be an odd number, maybe 5. That’s so the slip stitch the next time is located midway between the slip stitch of previous rows.