I need help with the 'Thigh High Footless Socks' by Lion Brand

Hello Fellow Knitters :knitting: !!

I’m pretty new to knitting and have some questions about a pattern I’m working on. It is called ‘Thigh High Footless Socks’ by Lion Brand. The pattern link is: http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/70781AD.html

The part I need help with is the heel slit/opening. It requires me to bind off on one row and cast on sts on the next row. I’ve watched all the videos for the binding off and casting on, but I still have a few questions. I get the binding off part, but the next row says, “Purl, cast on 23 (27, 32, 36) sts over bound-off sts of previous row.” Does the “purl” mean I need to purl a stitch before I cast on or does it have something to do with the way I cast on or something else? Also, I don’t understand how to “cast on [B]OVER[/B] bound-off sts of previous row.” I’ve looked through the videos but I can’t find anything that shows how to do this. Is there a video that I just overlooked? If not can someone please explain how I do this? I would really appreciate any help I can get!!!

Thank you!!
Your Knitting Friend :knitting:
Terrie

You want to purl across the whole row. Then you cast on your xx stitches.

Assuming you’re making the small, you started out with 46 stitches. You bound off 23 leaving you with 23 stitches on the needle. Purl across those, cast on 23 new stitches. I’d use either cable or knit cast on method. Now yo have the same number of stitches you had started out with - 46.

Purl across to where you bound off the stitches, then cast on the new ones ‘over’ or in the gap.

Thank you both sooooo much!!! That was exactly what I needed!!! Now I can get my knitting on!!! lol