I need HELP! Problems with A Poncho

Hi

I’m currently making a poncho but I’m having a trouble from this part.

Shape Neck
Next row: K3, K3tog, K26, turn.
Cont on these 30 sts.

Next row: Cast off 3 sts, purl to end.
Next row: K3, K3tog, knit to end.
Repeat last 2 rows once more … 20 sts.
Next row: Cast off 4 sts, purl to end … 16 sts.
Next row: Cast off 6 sts, knit to end.
Next row: Cast off 4 sts, purl to end.

I have knitted the first line on RS then I turned my work after K26. Then I purled the 30 sts on WS. That’s mean the next row will b RS. is that right?

The full pattern can be found from Spotlight project ‘superwash merino poncho’.

Wecome to KnittingHelp!
After you knit the 30sts and turn, you should cast off 3sts on the next row, the purl row. So it looks like this:
Shape Neck
RS row 1 Next row: K3, K3tog, K26, turn. Cont on these 30 sts.
WS row 2 Next row: Cast off 3 sts, purl to end. 27sts
RS row 3 Next row: K3, K3tog, knit to end. 25sts

Then repeat rows 2 and 3 so you’ll end with 20sts.

Great looking poncho. http://www.spotlight.com.au/projects/superwash-merino-poncho/

Hi,
I stuck at the collar part right now. I have read that part several times but I can’t get the idea. I’ve tried a few times but it didn’t seem right to me.

What in particular on the collar is causing the problem? Is it the direction to “knit up” which is the same as “pick up” or “pick up and knit”? Essentially, you’re to pick up sts in the areas of the neck between the held sts and then knit across the sts on holders. Finally, you cast on 25sts.
Here’s a video for picking up sts in case that’s the problem:

So is that mean that pick up 10 sts before I start knitting across sts from the stitch holder?

When it says join right shoulder seam, I’m not sure which point to start joining and ends. Does it matter?

Yes, that’right. Pick up 10sts and then knit across the sts on the holder.
For the shoulder seam, join from the top of the sleeve opening to the end of the neck shaping. You put in a marker after 31cm and then knit for another 22cm before starting decreases. The point where you reached 22cm, 53cm total from the beginning is the start of the shoulder. I pin these seams together and try on before seaming to make sure I’ve got it right.