I Just Scared Myself

:rofl:

One Palindrome hat and have two scarves going at the moment. I am wondering if I’ll ever finish the black one for myself. Every time I get to working on it a project for someone else comes up. I’m doing a greyish one for a friend in VA. I do like that pattern. Thanks Kristin.

Congrats knitting without looking more than I can do :thumbsup:

Thanks, is more than I can do too. I just tried it on purpose and couldn’t pull it off :rofl:

I don’t believe in luck. You are just good and know the pattern. Just because you are a beginner doesn’t mean you suck.

Mason, there are a lot of things that my ‘muscle memory’ can do, that I can’t do if I pay attention. :slight_smile: I don’t think I can even dial my phone number if I think about it too much, it’s like my fingers know what to do but my brain has forgotten. :slight_smile:

Great job! :slight_smile:

DITTO! Actually, a couple of times I have gone to dial a friend’s number, or even my own number, and thought about it, and suddenly couldn’t remember the number. Trust your hands… they know what to do.
Congratulations on your improving muscle memory.
Its funny, my parents always insist that when I am doing anything while watching TV, the light MUST be on, and OK, that’s a good idea if I am sewing or reading, but once I reached a certain point in knitting? Totally unneccessary (except when double knitting with two colors of the same yarn… different yarns I can feel which is which). They kept getting mad at me until one day I finally looked up at my mom, continued knitting, and explained to her exactly WHY I didn’t need the light. She still didn’t get it, but my dad nearly fainted (“How can you DO that!?”). My mom is a secretary, I finally convinced her by asking her to close her eyes and type “The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog” on an invisible keyboard. Its what she does when she’s bored, instead of just tapping her fingers like a normal person.
Knitting without looking - and without thinking - is like a million other tasks. Do you look at your fingers when you type? If you play an instrument, what happens if you look at your hands instead of the notes (I play flute, so this is nearly impossible anyway)? Can you walk through your house with the lights off? Have you ever started to drive somewhere new, which starts out the same as going somewhere familiar, and ended up 3/4 of the way to the familiar place before you realize you’re going the wrong place? Heck, can you walk and chew gum at the same time? Your body just learns what its supposed to do.