I have to complain about this! (Once again...)

You can’t believe what my older brother just said about my yarns! :grrr:
My brother always puts his dirty clothes and dishes, etc. like EVERWHERE he goes to and they are DISGUSTING I tell ya! They really take up a lot of spaces at our house and some of them STINK.
We had been really patient about this and never complained too much about it, but today I talked to him about it. He was not happy. He said my yarns are even more STINKY than his clothes!(he said that seriously, not joking at all!) :!!!: My yarn never smells! They are lovely yarns :crying:

There had been fights like this a lot before, and I never won in any of those fights with him :crying: , he has this sort of nasty words that can really harm your feelings, and this does not only happen to me, but other family members, too. How can I deal with this sort of person everyday? I can’t stand it! :-x

Sorry about posting this :frowning: … but I’m just feeling terrible and thought I had to complain about it :verysad:

Just ignore him. He’ll probably get annoyed when you don’t fight back, but remember that it takes two to argue. Don’t allow yourself to get pulled into petty arguments. Sounds like there is a personality conflict.

Hang in there. :hug:

Many people had told me to do so… and I’ve done that in most of the conflicts with him. But you know :frowning: , at some point you just can’t ignore that easily. Sometimes, after being silent for too long, you get really upset by his words and you just can’t hold it anymore… Maybe I’m still too young to be so patient :verysad:

And he said he was doing that all for MY SAKE! Like if he didn’t EDUCATE me I would just become an absolute jerk or something.

I agree with Auburnchick completely. Just try to ignore him as much as you can. He’ll get bored if he knows you don’t care. :yadda:

Out of curiosity…how old is your brother?

My brother is grade twelve and I’m grade eight.

That is as I suspected, though I suspected him to be younger actually. He was saying the things he did in an effort to push your buttons. It is what siblings (and often many family members) do. :shrug: The good news is that you two will likely out grow it but until then there is no really good way to deal with it beyond ignoring it. Coming from a person who was never able to ignore it though I know it is hard. (As it was, he never wanted to get me angry because even though I was smaller I was definitely mightier :teehee:) As far as him leaving stuff all over the place… let your parents deal with it. He is definitely at an age where he should know better! :!!!:

Thanks brendajos, I feel a bit better now :slight_smile:
Maybe I should also grow up to be more patient myself… I sometimes feel childish to fight back but I just couldn’t help it…

ps. sometimes even my parents can’t deal with him you know

I’m sorry but I just had to bust out laughing while reading this. It’s just typical sibling stuff. Your brother, being somewhat older than yourself, has had a tad more time to refine his arguing skills than you have had.

Being an old man of 45 (it isn’t the age that matters, it’s the mileage - in which case I am really screwed), and the oldest of three boys, I can tell you that in 20 years none of this will be important to you at all.

If he is really getting on your nerves in an argument, threaten to tell the girls his age what a slob he is, that will always scare a kid his age as girls are what he thinks about 99.9% of the time. :rofl:

Well really, his response was actually more childlike than anybody his age should have been. By his response I would have guessed that he was in 6th grade.

:rofl: Yeah, I know this really is the kind of sibling stuff and what a great idea Mason! (although I would not do that lol)

Although I know this argument that I just talked about sounds funny, there are also lots of other ones that he went on with my mum, serious ones that had almost made my mom want to leave this house forever :shock: Believe me, sometimes these conflicts with him can get quite scary and serious.

My brother is grade twelve and I’m grade eight.[/quote]

12th grade, eh?

In that case, while he’s sleeping, hide his car keys. That’ll be GREAT payback. :teehee:

My brother is grade twelve and I’m grade eight.[/quote]

12th grade, eh?

In that case, while he’s sleeping, hide his car keys. That’ll be GREAT payback. :teehee:[/quote]

Oh that’s just mean.

Funny, but mean.

:roflhard:

:rofl: Yeah, I know this really is the kind of sibling stuff and what a great idea Mason! (although I would not do that lol)

Although I know this argument that I just talked about sounds funny, there are also lots of other ones that he went on with my mum, serious ones that had almost made my mom want to leave this house forever :shock: Believe me, sometimes these conflicts with him can get quite scary and serious.[/quote]

Trust me, every boy around that age has those arguments with their mother. It’s just hormones mostly. I remember one argument with my mother when I was around 15. I got mad and actually raised my fist like I was gonna hit my mom (I wouldn’t have). She snatched a cast iron skillet off the stove and went upside my head with it.

I never raised a fist to her again. :rofl:

I would say you could hide his shoes but then again, I’m sure you would rather not have him stuck there. :teehee:

My brother’s 19, wanna trade? Seriously, yours sounds like a picnic compared to mine. :roll:

Better one…

Change his voicemail message on his cell phone… :roflhard:

Too bad we didn’t have them when I was growing up with my sister…of course, we never fought, though… :rofl:

Seriously, though. Y’all will probably get closer after he goes to college. Hang in there!

And maybe not until after you go to college. Sometimes it takes longer. :wall:

i agree, in 10 years, you wont even care and yall will be very close. people used to always say that to me and my brother, but i never believed it!! its true, though!

but now, it hurts you.
I completely understand. my little brother can say some really hurtful things.
he says things that he knows will really hurt, even if he doesnt mean them, just to “win” the arguement.
he used to make me cry a lot, and he is younger than me!

Just try to ignore him. i know its easier said than done, but when he starts acting like this, just get up and walk to your room and knit!
He seems like he is being very immature for his age. he is a senior in high school? he is acting like a child.
you come here and vent anytime you need! :heart:

just threaten to tell his girlfriends embarrassing things… :roflhard:
like he still wets the bed! :roflhard:

my 15 yo lil sis and i get into sometimes. i guess u’d expect that from girls 1.5 yrs apart. yesterday i was talking to her in church and she flat out said “You smell like cow manure.” i thought she was joking at first, be then she said she was serious and said in like 4 or 5 more times later. i got so made i just stopped talking to her, and whenever she talking to me, i snorted and made up my face like i smelled something bad.

My mom says i overreact and take things too seriously, but sometimes my sis can be really abrupt and the things she says really hurt me, and usually end up saying even worse things to get back at her. :verysad: