I have a question on circular needles

I’m making a baby blanket using circular needles I’ve never done this before and I think I did something wrong because it’s connected in a circle I know they’re called circular needles but I didn’t think it would end up in an actually circle since it’s a baby blanket. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, on a pattern after the border is finished it says that you’re supposed to knit the row on the right side then do a pattern of knitting and purling on the wrong side. How do you knit on the wrong side on circular needles?

I would appericate the help these may seem like silly questions but I can’t figure it out. Thanks so much!

Pretend you’re working with two straights connected by a string. When you finish a row, do as you would with straights, move each ndl to the other hand and start the next row. Don’t join first/last st.

How do you knit on the wrong side on circular needles?

You’re using them to create a flat piece (as with straights). So your blanket will have a RS and WS. The circs just give you the extra length for the add’l sts that reg straights don’t do.

cam

Thanks for the help I knew it would be something simple just couldn’t figure it out.

Thanks again!