I found my LYS!

Okay, so it’s not that big of a deal. But until now, I thought the LYS was some obscure place that only existed everywhere in the world BUT my neck of the woods. But today…I found it! I went with a friend to Hobby Lobby to pick out some yarn for a shawl she wants me to make for her, only to find out that…gasp! :shock: …they don’t have nearly the selection you’d expect! So I did a search online for Louisiana Yarn Stores, and was beginning to get disheartened very quickly (I was only finding them in New Orleans–a 1 1/5 hour drive away) when I found it. And the best part is…(this is sooooo awesome) it’s right across the street from my work and home (I work really close to home…saves a LOT on gas)! Yeah, I’m completely stoked! I have found my new happy spot!!! :happydance:

You’d think though that I would’ve known about it a long time ago since it’s just across the street :thinking:

Uh oh. That can be very, very dangerous. :wink:

And the best part is…(this is sooooo awesome) it’s right across the street from my work and home (I work really close to home…saves a LOT on gas)!

You only think that is the best part… just wait. You ain’t gonna be saving nuthing!

:lol: That’s so true! DH won’t know what hit him! Er, I mean, our bank account :roflhard:

Nik,

You only think that is the best part… just wait. You ain’t gonna be saving nuthing!

You so funny! :roflhard:

Bek, I envy you. I have no LYS. It isn’t just a matter of not locating it. :crying: I don’t even have a Hobby Lobby. In fact, War-Mart, I mean Wal-Mart, is it. :rollseyes:

You wouldn’t find anything decent in Wal-Mart anyway :wink:

I meant, Wal-Mart is all I do have. :frowning:

You’re right, Ingrid, their selection is PATHETIC.

Ahh, I didn’t even bother trying Wal-Mart! Although, sad as it is, I did find that they had a better selection of needles than Hobby Lobby did. HL’s needle section was just a huge, unstocked mess!

My LYS is on the other side of town from where I work, and even though it is on my way home, I can’t stop then because daycare closes soon after I get out of work, so today on my 1/2 hr lunch break, I decided I wanted the book “Bags: A Knitter’s Dozen” and I checked the small book store right in town, no luck, so I looked at the clock, said “What the heck” and drove to the LYS, where they had the book. I glanced at the yarn, touched some handpainted sock yarn, saw that it was $21.95 a skein and I’d need 2 to make socks, said “No way in he** I would pay anywhere near that price for a pair of socks”, paid for the book, checked the clock, 6 minutes left, decided since it was 80 degrees that I needed a coffee Coolata from Dunkin Donuts and there were no cars in the drive thru, so I pulled in, got my drink, drove like a lunatic back through town, screeched into the parking lot, ran into work, and WOW, 2 seconds to spare. Who needs to eat anyway, that was much more fun!!! But it would be really nice to have one across the street!

Don’t feel bad all I have is a Wal-Mart too… and not only that but it is the 4th smallest Wal-Mart. ALl the internet is my LYS

Hey! I can go on my lunch break!!! Whoa! I hadn’t even thought of that! Woohoo! :happydance: I’m gonna be a :XX: monster by the time the week’s out! haha

Wow…how fun Bek! I didn’t know how many LYS were around town either until I did a specific search. Turns out Cincinnati area has SEVERAL!

Curious…I noticed you said New Orleans is about 1 hour away. I was born in Bogalusa, LA and lived in Rio. Are you anywhere near there?

Nik,

Don’t feel bad all I have is a Wal-Mart too… and not only that but it is the 4th smallest Wal-Mart. ALl the internet is my LYS

Nik

Wow, it’s just like that old proverb; you think you’re bad off 'cause you have no shoes, until you see a man with no feet. Or however in the heck it goes. :mrgreen:

shoes…that reminds me…the only good thing about my yarn addiction is that it has replaced my shoe addiction! :roflhard:

This is getting freaky! I used to cruise the shoe web sites on a daily basis. And buy! I haven’t bought a new pair in at least a year. Of course, the 70 or so pairs should last me little while longer.

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

My (shoe) supply actually IS getting a bit low since the new puppy has been around :slight_smile:

This is the second thread I’ve read today that moved from yarn to shoes. :mrgreen: The other one has me wanting to check out some birkenstocks, but I dare not. :rollseyes:

Curious…I noticed you said New Orleans is about 1 hour away. I was born in Bogalusa, LA and lived in Rio. Are you anywhere near there?

Actually I live in Baton Rouge. I’ve been to Bogalusa once, and heard maaaany stories about the smell :wink:

Is the smell you mean from the paper plant? My dad use to work there as a chemist before he went with Celanese. I do remember it being quite pungent…but that has been about 27 years ago! Guess it could be worse or from something else by now :slight_smile:

i was wondering where you were too…i lived in BTR for about 1 1/2 years. Gotta admit…not much of a fan. I did LOVE St. Francesville though…but speakin’ of smells…that drive up scenic highway! :shock:

I lived down there when i came to help open the West Corp Call center down there. I left when i realized that they were ROYALLY flockin’ up the joint and i just couldn’t deal with it anymore! I TRIIIIIIIIIIED to make it a decent place i swear!..lol

and ya know, i found i had the same problem with finding a place that sells Boyds Bears down there that you had finding an LYS! i think there were only two that i could find and one was selling their stock…sigh I luuuuuuuuuuuved the big mall there though! yeah yeah yeah…shoppin’ goooood!

okay…i gotta stop wastin’ time like this …wow…lol