I finished my very first project!

I’m working on a small purse that was going to be my first project, but last night I decided to attempt a newborn hat for a girlfriend of mine due in December. I’m still learning the basics and I learned a few lessons while doing this hat.
Lesson #1 ~ Watch for dropped stitches WHILE you’re knitting. :wink:
Lesson #2 ~ When switching from knit to purl you have to MOVE the yarn. :rollseyes:
Lesson #3 ~ Work on my sewing of seams.
Ahem ~ so minus the mistakes I’m very proud! It turned out looking like a hat, whew, and even my mother was astonished!

Great job!! Congratulations!!! :cheering: :cheering:

Congrats!! :cheering: :cheering: Looks great!

cute cute CUTE CUTE!!! I LOVE baby stuff!!!

congrats on your first project…it looks WONDERFUL!! Great things to come from now on… :heart: :heart:

:thumbsup: Great job!!

:happydance: :cheering:

Looks great! Just dive right in is the way to learn :slight_smile:

:cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering:

WTG!

HOW CUTE! What a cute first project!

Let me give you a tip on how not to drop stitches, never set your needles down in the middle of a row. In three years of knitting I have only dropped stitches twice and its only happened on projects Ive had on circular needles.

My kids know to stand patiently and wait till I finish the row, and that I only put my knitting down if someone is unconsious or bleeding profusely. “Until I finish this row.” Even my three year old can quote it.

Where did you get the pattern?

Candace

That’s a cute hat and I’m sure your friend will be thrilled and impressed! :wink:

Yay for you :balloons: I’m impressed, my first hat project didn’t look nearly as good as yours!

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

I got the pattern from here ~ http://brookowens.blogspot.com/2005/09/knit-baby-hat.html
It’s an adorable hat, but as you can tell, mine looks nothing like hers. :shock:
Not sure what else I did wrong for that to happen! :roflhard:
Thanks ladies so much!

Great job! First projects lead to second and third projects, and it gets more fun each time!

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:[color=orange] WAY TO GO :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: [/color]

Great job!!! :cheering: I love baby stuff.

WAY TO GO!! It looks great–I know what you mean about dropping and picking up the stitches–it happens to me so often. Hey–at least you know how to DO it, and many times, I’ll not notice it til it’s several rows down!!

YOU did it! :happydance: :happydance:

I think it’s terrific! :cheering:

cute model :wink: Awesome, ambitious first project! Wow! Good for you! I’m :happydance:

How cute!!! I tried a hat for my first project, and it didn’t work out, so I’m going to come back to mine. You have inspired me!

It looks great!

Thanks for sharing the pics. :heart: