I finally started a sock, I think

I started knitting what I hope will someday be recognizable as a sock. As I have never knit with DPN’s, I of course decided that size 2 was the way to go. I had to frog the first row and a half, but seemed to do better on my second try.

I the pictures I’m only 7 rows in, now I’m at 15 rows. I CO 64 stitches, and separated the stitches onto three needles. See what you think. (There is slightly more information on my blog.

Don’t they look so little and cute when you start them! :teehee: :cheering: :cheering:

Very good start! The yarn has pretty colors!

That is exactly what mine looked like before it turned into the sock of doom and the yarn and dpns decided they hated me. :!!!: The little bugger is in the bottom of my trash bin now. That’ll show it! :roflhard:

Wow, you’re doing a great job!! I started my first sock a few nights ago, haven’t worked on it much… but I can’t seem to hold the corner stitches tight enough to prevent a gap between the needles! Not sure what I’m doing wrong… it always looks good when I’m doing that stitch, but by the time I get 1/2 way down the needle, there’s a big gap. UGH.

ANYWAY, sorry for hijacking your thread! Yours looks great! :slight_smile:

Carey

Great start! That’s exactly what they are supposed to look like. :cheering:

Carey said:

I started my first sock a few nights ago, haven’t worked on it much… but I can’t seem to hold the corner stitches tight enough to prevent a gap between the needles!

Give the yarn a little tug on the first and second stitches fter the needle change. See if that tightens up the “ladders.”

very nice :teehee: are you going to be a sock addict like I’m not?? :roflhard:

And your stash will look like mine…full of sock yarn!

And your stash will look like mine…full of sock yarn![/quote]

looks around with shifty eyes

Already do my fellow sock sista!!!

:happydance:

Looks like a sock to me! I like the colors.

ITTY BITTY needles~~!! :out:

That’s how mine looked in the beginning! Great job, and hopefully you’ll get an awesome wearable pair of socks when you’re done!

Thanks all of you!!! I showed it to my co-workers yesterday (they are convinced that I’m a coo coo cachoo). I then showed them today, and they’re response “I saw that yesterday”.

I’m sitting there thinking “But I did 10 more rows!!!”

I haven’t quite got the the sock addict yet, I’m still in the :pray: “please be a sock, please be a sock” phase.

Thanks for all of your support. Oh and Abbily, no worries, you’re trying a sock, I’m trying a sock, you didn’t hijack, you just discussed technique.
That’s helpful.

And your stash will look like mine…full of sock yarn![/quote]

looks around with shifty eyes

Already do my fellow sock sista!!!

:happydance:[/quote]

Make sure you keep your paws outta my stash… sista

:fingerwag:

:roflhard:

I’m making a sock right now out of the same yarn and color!

i love the colors! i was starting a hat for my mom on dpns (6’s)and my dad looked at the ‘triangle’ and said (i am not kidding)" how is that suppose to be a hat? shouldn’t it be round??" :roflhard: ummm…no :twisted:

Great minds think alike, hunh?