I don't know the name of what I want

My husbands grandma wants me to knit her something you put against the bottom of your door to block out the cold air. I started to look for a pattern and I realized I didn’t know what it is called. If someone could help me with the name I could search for a pattern, but if someone has a good pattern that would be great too.


They are called “draught excluders” Sorry can’t help with a pattern but I have seen some really fun ones knitted


I’ve heard them called door/window draft stoppers/dodgers/blockers/snakes.

And a pattern too –


Have fun!!

Aaww That is cute My daughter loves cats. Might try it. :shrug:

Draft dodgers? Essentially a long rectangle, sewn up, and stuffed with a nylon full of kitty litter, or poly pellets. We have drafty windows, so we have a bunch. (though I bought most of mine)

I have made one and all I did was knit a long tube in the round and stuffed it with batting. I also made some of these and put eyes on them and gave them as snakes to some kids they loved them.