I didn't expect potato sacks for sleeves?

I’m making this http://www.modadea.com/patterns/LM0111.htm it’s all in pieces, everything I’ve made so far, seems like a perfect fit.

Problem is, the sleeves of this thing are going to be huge!

Heck the sleeve parts of this pattern are almost as big as the back! I’m about 1/2 way through the first sleeve, and it’s falling off my hand when I join it.

Is there anything I can do to correct this?

i can’t help you but u need to fix ur link :slight_smile:

Nothing is working right today.:wall:

Link is fixed.

Sleeves always look huge. It never ceases to amaze me.

Measure the sleeve of a sweater that you like the fit of, and see if it’s close to the measurement of the sweater you’re knitting. The picture does look like they’re a bit full, so maybe you can make your increases further apart for a narrower sleeve.

Just looking at the picture, it has loose sleeves. Looking at the stitch count, the sleeves are only 10 stitches less than the back (in the small size) 80 for the sleeve and 90 for the back. If you want more fitted sleeves, there would be a lot of adjusting, after all they have to fit in the armholes.
You would need help from someone a whole lot more experienced than me.

One option could be to do the cuff part tighter but main part of sleeve the same. It would still be a full sleeve, but ‘gathered’ into the smaller cuff so it doesn’t fall off your hand. cast on less sts, work cuff, then increase to required number of sts when you start the main st.st. portion.

Yeah, I agree about the ribbing… but I didn’t want to say that because I don’t have that much experience. I just got an EZ book yesterday and from reading it - that’s what she says. A lot of times stuff should be fitting a bit looser, but you need to make it snugger at the ribbing. But like everyone else said, the stitch count says that it’s [I]supposed [/I]to be just a bit smaller than the back, and from the pictures it seems to be made with loose sleeves.

I’ll bet that you’d be surprised at how nicely it’ll fit if you do snug ribbing but leave it as the pattern says. Good luck :thumbsup:

Well, I started over, and decreased the cast on sts. by 10. Then just made up increases to make the 50 and then started following the pattern again.

So far so good.

Thanks for all the tips.