I DID it!

[COLOR=Purple][FONT=Palatino Linotype]I DID it!!!

I spun some fiber!!! Now it’s not great, but wow…it’s more than I was able to do the last few days!!!

Thank you to everyone to offered their help!!! I’m sooooo excited!!!

The fiber…

The yarn…

[/FONT][/COLOR]

It looks great! It’s more than I can do! (I can’t spin at all)

great job!

clap clap clap

YAY!!!

Great job! You’re making me want to learn how to spin.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkgreen]Great job :thumbsup:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#006400]I haven’t tried that yet.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#006400]I’ve got everything to do it with, but!!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#006400]Be proud you did good…[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Congratulations!!! It really does get easier, and pretty quickly too. Keep at it and you’ll be spinning laceweight in no time! :slight_smile:

so pretty! i love your choice of wool, what a great colorway:heart:

Way to go Steph! And what a great colorway!:heart:

I ordered it from one of our members, MidnightSkyFibers!!!

I LOVE it! :slight_smile:

Thank you to everyone for your kind words…

I was thinking, “Im so excited and people are going to look at it and laugh!”

LOL

so are you hooked on it yet? It looks like you are doing a great job!

Yep! I stayed up until 1230 last night spinning!!! :slight_smile:

Now I get what Silver was saying about the predrafting…

:cheering::cheering::cheering::cheering:
Great job Stef!
That looks fabulous for a 1st try or even a 5th or 6th try. It all gets easier from there. Yeah another one hooked…lol:cheering::cheering::cheering::cheering:

Ok…so what next?

I have seen that people soak it and then stick on something stretched out???

Is that right?

and how do you take it off the spindle?

i plyed my first yarn … here is the postwith it drying.
to ply, i took the singles and wound them on two size 10 straight needles, placed them in a big shoe box. i then grabbed both ends, and using my spindle, ‘spun’ (plyed) them together by twisting the spindle the opposite direction than what i spun them in. so for me, i spun by spinning my spindle clock-wise, and plied the singles by spinning counter-clockwise. after it was all plied, i filled a sink with hot water, let it soak for about 30 minutes.
i removed it and squeezed as much water as i could by twisting it, skein-like, over the sink, then i hung it, weighted with a water bottle, to dry.
then i knit a hat. :mrgreen:

You put the plied yarn ON the spindle in water?

opps! NO… i plied it and then made a hank using my arm/hand, i soaked the hank, then hung to dry, then i made a center pull ball :slight_smile:

Way to go, Snephenie! :thumbsup: