I can't do this anymore

I’m on the verge of a total mental breakdown and I really don’t know what to do. I’m on day 5 of being sick, like REALLY sick. Can’t even function enough to take a shower :ick: I finally made a Drs appt for today because I woke up hacking and wheezing and couldn’t catch my breath.

On top of this my husband left for work at 9pm last night and still isn’t home, it’s almost noon. He’ll get home and sleep until he has to leave, and do it all over again.

The dogs are running around like crazy because given, they haven’t been out in 5 days. They get into stuff while I’m passed out in a coma. They house is trashed, and well, basically, I don’t know what I’m going to do. I don’t have any relatives out here to help and I feel so alone.

I’m sorry. I understand what it’s like to get in that cycle–mentally, emotionally and physically.

Let us know how the Dr’s appt goes. Do you think this has anything to do with the meds you started recently?

I’m sorry you feel so crappy. I who cares about the house! You’re sick! Take care of yourself, rest and try not to worry about anything else. Just knit and be happy. :thumbsup:

It’s REALLY hard to be sick and ALONE!! I hope you feel better SOON!!

My thought exactly! I remember you’ve posted about some diet pills. Maybe they’re causing your total breakdown?
I hope you feel better soon. Can your husband take a night off? :hug:


Thanks all. No, only at my funeral would my husband take a day off, and even then, that’s up for debate.

I came to the conclusion that no one is going to look out for me but myself. I called a tech at the vet office I’m close with. Explained the situation and asked if I would be a bad person to board them for a bit. She said no and so I dropped them off on the way to the Dr’s.

The flu/cold has settled into my chest and is causing a whole bunch of problems with my asthma. I was put on a Z-pak (antibiotics). I stopped at work to fill my rx and told them I’m going to need another day at the least. Got home and fell asleep on the couch for a good 5 hours.

I just made myself some soup. It was nice to be able to walk to the couch and sit down with hot soup and not have the dogs jumping all over me. Or leaving tissues on the floor for a bit and not worrying about them being ripped up :doh:

I honestly don’t think it’s the pills, I’m doing really well on them. It’s just that everything seems to happen all at once. It’ll pass… right?

hope the meds kick in fast…:hug:

Good idea about the dogs. They’ll be happy there and you’ll rest easier while they aren’t ripping up your house…Rest well and feel better…

:hug:I hope you feel better soon!

Sorry you are feeling like crap. If I was in Cornville with you, I’d come over and give you a big hug in person! :hug:

I dont know what I would do if I couldnt call my mom when I was sick. I havent done it in years, but knowing I could call her and have her here with me within minutes is a blessing. Husbands are not wired to be nurses, which is unfortunate because we all know what babies they turn into when they get sick.

I hope you feel better soon :hug:

That was suppose to be two hugs… I’m not sure why I had a dancing smiley in there… I can’t find the smiley’s in edit to put another one lol…

:hug:Seems like you’ve had a bad time with it, hope you feel better soon! :hug:

Oh, the Zpack is awesome. You will feel better surprisingly fast. If it doesn’t work within the first 5 doses, talk to your dr about getting more. It really, really kicks the butt of all kinds of sick.

Hope you feel better very, very soon.


Slept through the night and most of the morning. Now I’m up to make myself some food, take more medicine, and go back to sleep. It’s so peaceful without the dogs, not that I don’t miss them, but they were the main cause of my stress at the moment. You know how hard it is to get comfortable on a couch with 2 dogs that insist on sleeping with you? I even get pushed off of the king size bed.