I can't do a provisional cast-on :(

I know, I know, this has been posted a million times already, trust me I’ve read most of the posts from the Search feature, but I still can’t get it. And I watched the videos. Still nothing.

I do the cast on how amy’s video says to and my sts are all loose and gross and when I tried to knit them, well, I mean, come on. Who are we kidding?? :tap:

I’ve looked at the other videos, but I don’t own a crochet needle so I can’t do that one and I don’t want to go buy one either.

Isn’t there any other way to do this darn thing??? :pout: :pout: :pout:

I always use scrap yarn, knit a few rows, and then switch to the pattern yarn. Then I just “unzip” the yarn when it is time to use those live stitches again.

YES! I haven’t mastered Amy’s way of doing it either so I do this one and it works very well and it’s easy!
http://www.knittingatnoon.com/provisional.html

You’re kidding right?? That’s all I have to do? Knit a few rows of the scrap yarn then bring in the pattern yarn and Voila!! it’s that easy???

:?? :?? :??

I’m finding that reallllly hard to believe. (only cause I’m at my wits end here, so don’t take that too personal) :wink:

lol…i don’t remember where i learned it… some pattern i was doing. i never could figure out why people had such a hard time with the provisional cast on because that was how i learned how to do it. Then I looked at the video and understood the trouble… i can’t figger that one out either so i stick with what i know.

umm don’t do what i accidentally did once, out of habit, and weave in the tail while you are knitting! :wall: :teehee: