I am looking for knitting groups hoping to find some do-gooders out there...

Hello, my name is Carla Hamilton. I have a son that 16 years ago almost lost his life upon birth to a rare condition. One that we were totally unawate of until giving birth.
His name had been decided almost from the day we learned we were having a boy to join his big sister and it was Avery. Poor guy, he had to be life flighted to University of Florida at Shands in order to have the best chance at survival. I never even got to see him before he was whisked away. Luckily my prayers were answered after about 6 weeks and we were one of the few that got to wave and hug our goodbyes and get our boy to the next hospital that was now near our home again abd would teach him to eat. Not even the staff thought this day would happen for us. He wasn’t even premature so he was known as the big fella coming in at 7lbs. 7oz… Without the tireless dedication the doctors and nurses gave to him, as well as my husnand, his older sister and I during this time, I do not know what we would have done. I promise I am getting to the point. i am in need of knit hats, or booties , or baby blankets. Because my precious son that began life so harshly is now preparing to apply sooner than later to the University of Florida for engineering . I believe in him wholeheartedly… he in spite of his rough start to this jouney called life became a scholar. He amazes me daily with his kind heart and brillany mind. He decided on this as his mandatiry community service hours. Many of which he has already completed by offering free tutoring and assistance in coaching younger kids in soccer. As well as beach clean-ups. He is a real go-getter. But when he came to me with his idea to
help NICU’s I was amazed at just how generous his spirit truly is. This is a multifaceted good deed abd truly impressive . I unfortunately would love to say I know how to knit. I just have not seemed to be able to pick it up. My late mother-in-law bought me the best needles in every size and tons of yarn however I have not been able to pick it up and make anything of value or durability. So in addition to asking if anyone would be interested in knitting the requested donation items, if anyone knows of person in need of knitting equipment I would love to donate my tools to that individual. Someone whose creativity and talent could put them to great use and honor my mom-in-law rather than stay locked away in a stirage closet. So if you or any other groups or people you know of may be interested we cannot tell you how appreciatiive we would be. I still cherish the blanket a stranger took the time to knit for my little fighter way back then. It still remains in his closet under a garmet bag to this day, so that he may use it one day for his own children. we are also starting a go fund me to raise money to be split amongst the charitites we most valued in our time of need on November 1st.
Just a few are The March of Dimes, The Childrens Miracle Network, The Ronald McDonald House and the angels on earth that witness way more bad days than good but are still there for you with a warm hug, a smile and most importantly a reminder that this too shalll pass and to stay strong in your faith that your little one would see the light of day outside of the NICU floor. Of course i mean the NURSES. Without their support I do not know if I would have made it. We are local in Boynton Beach in Aberdeen. My contact number is 561-523-3235 or you may reach Avery himself or my husband Andy at 561-777-6920. I pray to hear back from someone interested. My son is also very shy and I know this would do wonders for having faith in his self if there were to be even a single response. Thanks in advance for your consideration. We all look forward to Hello, my name is Carla Hamilton. I have a son that 16 years ago almost lost his life upon birth to a rare condition that he had to be life flighted to University of Florida at Shands in order to have the best chance at survival. Luckily my prayers were answered after about 6 weeks and we were one of the few that got to wave and hug our goidbyes. not even the staff thought this day would happen for us. . He wasnt premature so he was known as the big fella coming in at 7lbs. 7oz… Without the tireless dedication the doctors and nurses gave to him, as well as my husnand, his plder sister and I during this time, i do not know what we would have done. I promise i am getting to the point. i am in need of knit hats, or booties , or baby blankets. Because my precious son that began life so harshly is now preparing to apply sooner than later to the University of Florida for engineering . I beliebe in him wholeheartedly… he in spite of his rough start to this jouney called life became a scholar. He amazes me daily with his kind heart and brillany mind. i unfirtunately would love to say i know how to knit. i just have not seened to be able to pick it up. My late mother-in-law bought me the best needles in every size and tons of yarn but i have not been able to pick it up and make anything of value or durability. So in addition to asking if anyone would be interested in knitting the requested donation items, if anyone knows of someone in meed of equipment i would love to donate my tools to that person. Someone whose creativity abd talent could put them to great uze and honor my mom-in-law rather than stay locked away in a stirage closet. So if you or any other groups or people you k ow of may be interested i cannot tell ypu how appreciatiive my son and I woukd be. i still cherish the blanket a stranger took the time to knit for my little fighter way back then. it still remains in his closet under a garmet bag to this day, so that he may use it one day wiith his own children. we ate also doing a go fund me to raise money to be split amongst the charitites we most valued in our time of need. Just a few are The March of Dimes, The Childrens Miracle Network, The Ronald McDonald House and the angels on earth that witness way more bad days than good but are still there for you with a warm hug, a smile and most importantly a reminder that this too shalll pass and to stay strong in our faith that our son would see the light of day outside of the NICU floor. We are local in Boynton Beach in Aberdeen. Send me a private message on this forum. I pray to hear back from someone interested. My son is also very shy and I know this would do wonders for having faith in his self if there were to be a response. Thanks in advance for your consideration from you soon.

Carla Hamilton

1 Like

Welcome to KH, Carla!
Thank you for telling us Avery’s story. I’m sure there will be suggestions for groups who can use the knitting tools that you have kindly offered and also volunteers to donate knit items.
One request, please delete your contact information from you post for your own safety. There are unfortunately bots scanning the internet for telephone and email information. If anyone would like to contact you they can send a private message to you on the forum by clicking on your initial in the circle at the top of your post.

1 Like

How do I remove my info on there now ? I will admit I’m not the most tech savvy person ever. And thank you for this valuable advice .

Also would you consider doing me the greatest favor?? My teen son is super smart however very shy and we do nlt know many people where we live now. His Go Fund Me fir his cause has been up fir a good amount of time and we are halfway to his very humble goal set. He would be o er the moon if he somehow managed to double just his goal. I’m gonna attach the link abd if you see it in your heart or trust me enough to do so if you could please pass it on to those you may know or think would be interested in helping out for a great cause. Thank you in advance for your consideration.

The link:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/averys-nicu-donation-drive?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link_all&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet

I edited the telephone numbers. You would ordinarily use the pencil icon in the line below your post to edit.
Best wishes to you and your son with his fund raising efforts.

Thank you so very much. Is there anyway to post my son’s original notice asking fir help with this project. It seenes to kick back if there is a link