I am a little confused.

I am trying to make a little dog harness and I don’t know how to make holes in the fabric for her little legs to go. She is a very small puppy so the harness we got her is too big but it is the smallest size available and you can’t see her collar from under her fur. I thought that someone on this forum would be able to help me or send me to a video that I could watch. Another thing is that because she is so small there isn’t an existing pattern that I could find so I’m figuring this out as we go. Sticky notes are everywhere.:smile:

Here’s a video that shows you how to make leg openings (see especially 15:00).

It’s part 2 of a 3 part video about sizing down a dog sweater so it might all be of interest to you.
How lucky to have a puppy right now!
2 Likes

We are all really excited for her to be here. I’ll be sure to show you a picture of her in the finished harness. Thank you for your help.

3 Likes

That looks very useful. I remember muddling my way through my first dog sweater . . . .
You might try looking on Ravelry for a smaller pattern. They have a lot of dog sweaters, some customizable.

The video really helped out and now I am just trying to find a way to attach a leash to it so we can use it as her collar because the one we got her was to small and it was the smallest size.

I wonder if you could firmly sew a metal ring onto the knit fabric? Sew through several sts and a couple of rows because this is going to pull on the yarn strands. Then you could clip on the leash without having to go into the knitting each time.

1 Like

Sounds like you’ve accomplished a lot. Hope you get the last details worked out without too much trouble!

1 Like

I will definitely try that. Thank you.