How to unbind

I have already cast off my stitches and would like to unravel the row and pick them up again. How do I do this?

I just did this myself, and it was a lot easier than I thought it would be.

All I did was to carefully and slowly unravel the whole bind off row, then once I got to the actually knitted row (when I was finished with the bind off row), I carefully unraveled each stitch and placed it on my needle one by one until I was finished. As long as you go slow, you should be fine. :thumbsup:

You can also thread a circular needle through each stitch of the row you’ll begin to knit with before you unravel. That’s what I do because I’m terrified of dropping a stitch when I have to tink back like that. This is really helpful if your yarn is slippery.
Meg

Once you get the final stitch undone, you can just pull the yarn and pop out the stitches. I think putting your needle in as they pop out is easier than making a lifeline, but that works, too.

I just did this for the first time last week. I did what Ingrid suggested. easy-peasy!

I’ll give it a try. Thank you for your advice.
Will pass this web site on to my knitting buddies in town.

I do this too, undo the knot, just pull on the wool and watch the stitches pop open again all the way, then pick them up with my needle. It’s a little more time-consuming if it’s on of the sewn-type bindoffs… sigh…

Sarah