How to tell Right Side / Wrong Side

Is there a simple way to tell Right Side / Wrong Side on a knitted garment using circular needles?

I’m using circular needles to knit a “TOP DOWN” cardigan sweater.
(first time)
I knit every row for 4".

Now it says with wrong side facing…etc…

OK…how do I tell wrong side and does “facing” mean, with the circular needles spread apart, the wrong side is facing me?

Or as I fold the needle to start knitting, the wrong side is facing me?

Hope I am explaining this clearly.

Thank you!

This sounds like it starts with garter stitch, so it doesn’t much matter - whichever side you think looks better can be the RS. Once you’ve decided, mark the middle of the row with a safety pin or different color of yarn. ‘Facing’ you means the row you’re about to work on next. The row that isn’t marked will be the WS row then and you start the instructions for the WS row.

Yes, I see on the 4" of knitted work, both sides look the same, so what you say makes sense.

But,

The instructions say to knit every row for 4", ending after a right side row.

So how do I tell if I’m ending after a right side row?

You can call that one the RS row. You decide because it’s a reversible pattern. Just mark it so later on you may have a stitch pattern that does have a RS or WS to it and you’ll be able to tell which is which.

OK, so at this point it doesn’t really matter…thank you! I will mark the last row of the 4" of knitted work, as a right side row.

Then it says next row, with wrong side facing…

and that means the next row IS a wrong side, correct?

The RS WS is so confusing to me!!!

I do appreciate all your help suzeeq!

Then it says next row, with wrong side facing…
and that means the next row IS a wrong side, correct?

Yep! You got 'er.