How to Rib 11

Hi there, I’ve set myself my first big project and i’m trying to knit a childs jacket however I stuck on how i do the following…

Using 4mm needles, cast on 59 sts.
1st Row - K1, * P1, K1, rept from * to
end.
2nd Row - P1, * K1, P1, rept from * to
end.
Rept the last 2 rows 3 times more, then the 1st Row once…( up to here i’ve done)

Next Row (Inc. Row) - Rib 11sts, * [inc in next st, rib 1] 7 times,
inc in next st, * rib 11, rept from * to *
once more, rib 11. 75 sts…

… Stuck on how i do this last bit so if anyone can help me i would really appreciate it… not too sure how much to (rib) knit & purl to get the required 11 and am i right that i need to end with 75sts rather then the 59 I started with, also the informaton in the brackets what do i do with that?

Thank you in advance

Welcome to KnittingHelp!
The Next Row will be a row 2
(Inc. Row) - Rib 11sts, * [inc in next st, rib 1] 7 times,
inc in next st, * rib 11, rept from * to *
once more, rib 11. 75 sts

Start with p1, then repeat k1p1 until you have 11sts on the right hand needle. Increase in the next stitch (a knit front and back will work here). and then rib 1 more stitch onto the right hand needle. Now repeat the [inc in next st, rib 1] 6 times more followed by an inc in the next stitch.

Now rib 11sts and then go back to the first asterisk and repeat the entire sequence again. Finally rib 11sts. That’ll increase 8sts between the asterisks and since that’s repeated twice you’ll increase 16sts for a total of 75sts.

You want to work 11 loops over the needle in order to rib 11sts. So p1,k1,p1,k1,p1,k1,p1,k1,p1,k1,p1, that’s 11sts

Brackets or parentheses usually mark off a set of instructions that will be repeated as a group.