How to read pattern

Good Morning!
I just knitted my first scarf yesterday (yeah me!) but it was very basic and only used the knit stitch. Now I would like to try another one that I found but cannot figure out how to read that pattern. I know what the abbreviations mean, but I can’t figure out how to actually do them. These are the instructions:
cast on 13 sts
knit 3 rows (garter stitch)
next row: (RS). *K1, wrapping yarn twice around needle. Rep from * to end of row.
Next row: *K1, dropping extra loop. Rep from * to end of row. Rep last 2 rown until work from beg measures 59 ins ending with a WS row.
Knit 3 rows. Cast off knitwise.

Can somone please help me to visualize my steps?

Thanks!

There’s a video here - scroll down to ‘decorative stitches’ and then watch the ‘elongated stitch’ video. :slight_smile:

Also, instead of trying to figure it out in your head, it’s really easier to just do it with your yarn and needles in your hands and follow the pattern step by step.

I’d suggest that one pay close attention to the **** marks in a pattern. That keeps one working the pattern. So if any stitches are written outside of the ***'s, that means to do them either in the beginning or ending of the row.