How to Questions

I’m stuck on my pattern .shape neck .patt37sts ,turn.
Work on these 37sts only proceed as follows cast off 5sts at beg of next and folk alt row.Help I’m on a purl row 37 sts is not in the middle of my row is over half way .

this is my project.

Thirty-seven won’t be in the middle of the row. There’s 37sts for each shoulder and 15sts in the center for the neck. Read a bit further and you’ll see how this works out.

Thanks .
This may sound Silly but not been knitting for long and reading the pattern I did not understand .so when it says turn your work that I would turn my work before getting to the end of the row .
Thanks salmonmac this forum is great and I had help with my orange top if you remembered that was the first pattern I’d done .
Learning all the terms and abbreviations as I’m intermediate knitter learning all the time .
Thanks to you and this forum it great to known there’s help .
Krissy

Many of us are self taught and learn as we go. Working different patterns or patterns that seem like a bit of a stretch helps, too. Certainly helps me a lot.

It’s often confusing when a pattern has you turn in the middle of a row but that’s what your pattern is indicating. Good luck with the rest of the pattern. Great progress so far!