How to..new colour for every row

Hi

I am currently working on a baby blanket. The pattern call for a new yarn colour for every row. Will weaving in afterwards look messy? What is the best way to tidy up?

Regards
GSH

Do mean there are a billion colors and you use a new one for each row, or are you making stripes of two or three colors?

Hi
the pattern suggests using five different colours. Each row must start with a new colour…for 148 rows!

g

Yikes! Since the colors are alternating which side they start on, you could just try carrying the yarn up the sides. I’m not sure how good it would look, though. :thinking:

That’s an awful lot of ends to weave in. Here is an article that can help with that.

ok ingrid - thanks for the reply. i too think it will dodgy with a new colour evey row…think i will expand the stripes for 5-6 rows instead.

Any general tips on weaving in? or indeed joining a new yarn? and what about tying up loose ends with knots?

regards

Amy has videos on joining yarn and if you look at her video for the beginning project, I believe she weaves in yarn there, too. Knotting is sometimes a necessary evil, but there are better ways.

great - thanks for your help!